Kennedy hearse at Barrett-Jackson 2012

Too bad the draperies weren't done properly

Looks like the draperies were replaced, and not made big enough. I assume they were made so that they would be slid to the sides and no one would know there wasn't enough material to completely cover the window, but in the old photos it shows the windows completely covered, so it's too bad that when they made new ones they didn't make them large enough to cover the windows.

The article in which I was quoted in the Arizona Republic was picked up verbatum in USA Today. It was great to see the words "Professional Car Society" in a national publication again. I think it is fair to say that a resonable person would now dismiss any reference made about our Society being "a bunch of basement bloggers".

Last edited:
but once again we see just what the family did not want. one car that was used that day being the drawing car at a private museum. leaning to the morbid side rather then the positive side. Ms Allen has a nice display and a very pretty setting for her collection but instead of hyping this is it and not giving the whole truth on her car, thus preserving history they chose to whisper "it's the one". the whole truth would be a more interesting story on the car. including how Bob saved it and the Dr bought it and who forged the paper work up to her getting it from the high bidder after the sale. what really happened to the car that carried the EX (at that time) president from Andrews AFB, that's good stuff.

this car the same is true of. the real reason for it's being at the hospital and the way it was commandeered by the USSS and abandoned on the tarmac with the keys still in the ignition. makes history come alive. the crap BJ put out is carnival barker hype so far removed from the facts to sensationalize the truth, the truth is much more interesting and respectful. so now we get to see how one more owner spins History. I'm not waiting with baited breath

a lot more media coverage on this one then BJ did. different to say the least but once again it slides into a warehouse to be seen at a latter date.

I wonder why it would be 5-10 years out on his museum ?
:confused2:

At 67 years old, why wait until you are in your '70's to start ?

He looks great for 67 but sometimes you can't predict 10 years out.
A friend in Michigan looks great at 52... but just got diagnosed with cancer
and is now under going chemo 5 days a week for the next 5 weeks.

If you want it to happen, you have the funds, get it done bro !

:my2cents:

Darren

Back