Emergency Suburban Ambulance...

I've been watching all the episodes of EMERGENCY again, but have been paying closer attention to the Surburban ambulance since the "Ga-Father" recently purchased one.
Here is a quick clip of one in an early episode but I noticed I do not see this ambulance again in the show. The one Surburban shown after this one has twin beacons whereas this one does not and is very similar to Bill's. Is there a chance they just added the beacons removing the top beacon?

Any thoughts PCS ppl?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2yjTWTc6ms[/ame]

I think they used whatever was convenient whenever they were setting up a shot. There are multiple instances where a Chevy modular will pick up a patient, and then the same patient will be dropped off at the hospital in a Ford. I don't remember it happening with the Suburbans, but I didn't look real close.

Todd said it best. On most sets there is a person whose job is called "Continuity". On "Magnolia" the continuity person stepped in and made me trim my moustache to complete a shot that was started six weeks earlier(It wound up on the cutting room floor). Normally something like a morphing story point vehicle wouldn't happen.

Some producers, most notably Aaron Spelling, were/are known to be "git 'er done" types. Spelling's policy was that no shot should exceed two takes. The result? Occasionally on "Love Boat, "90210" and "Melrose Place" one would see gaffes such as a microphone boom encroaching into the frame or a lamp suddenly appearing on a table.

I've had the pleasure of working with Chris Nyby (on "Diagnosis Murder", several episodes) but never on a Mark VII set. Judging by what I've seen on "Dragnet", "Adam-12" and "Emergency!" I think it's safe to say that Jack Webb was probably a "git 'er done" type. Note that the ambulance in Richard's clip has a CP-25 speaker on the roof but the dubbed in siren sound is that of a B&M S8B behind the grille of an early Crown fire apparatus.

One of my personal issues that has continued ad infinitum is when there's a shot of people driving down the road and the gearshift lever is shown in park location...obviously filmed while on a trailer.

One of my personal issues that has continued ad infinitum is when there's a shot of people driving down the road and the gearshift lever is shown in park location...obviously filmed while on a trailer.

Or one of my favorites in Goodfellas, is when he's leaning on a 1965 Chevrolet and the caption is "1963 Idlewild Airport".

One of the only things that irritated me about "Emergency!" was the continuity, or lack thereof. The aforementioned Chevy-to-Ford transition on the Modulances was most annoying. So were the times when the engine would respond with the dubbed electronic siren while the squad would have the B&M dubbed in - neither one had the other siren. This is another example.

I was just watching another show (can't remember right now what) and they told about someone having died in London in 1968, yet they show a '71-'72 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner, on an American street! And they dubbed in the European high-low horns!

I can say from my experience that movies are filmed very slowly and deliberately, with great attention to details like continuity. Usually, a whole day or night is one or two scenes. The TV show I worked on ("Life on Mars") went much more quickly, they shot about 20-25% of the episode on one night. Like Kevin said, two or three takes and they moved on.

"Police Story" in the 70's used to be the worst offender, cops leave for a call in a Plymouth, are seen on the highway going to the call in an Ambassador, and arrive in a Chevrolet...

"Police Story" in the 70's used to be the worst offender, cops leave for a call in a Plymouth, are seen on the highway going to the call in an Ambassador, and arrive in a Chevrolet...

I do that now but its usually on a Monday morning and before coffee. I also chalk it up to getting older. :yankchain:

One of the only things that irritated me about "Emergency!" was the continuity, or lack thereof. The aforementioned Chevy-to-Ford transition on the Modulances was most annoying. So were the times when the engine would respond with the dubbed electronic siren while the squad would have the B&M dubbed in - neither one had the other siren.

I have Retro TV on my Verizon FIOS and they show episodes of "Emergency!" weekdays at 3 PM. Just the other day I watched an episode where the squad was on a run with the Federal Q siren dubbed in. Also in season 1 of the show the Crown enigine would leave the station and it had a windshield mounted beacon ray (That was the real LACoFD Engine 60). When they cut to the scene of them arriving on location, the Crown engine would have a windshield mounted Mars wig wag light (That was the real LACoFD Engine 127).

I have Retro TV on my Verizon FIOS and they show episodes of "Emergency!" weekdays at 3 PM. Just the other day I watched an episode where the squad was on a run with the Federal Q siren dubbed in

I remember that episode and thought the same thing. There is no "Q" on the squad truck. I have them all on DVD but on Retro TV it shows here at 6 p.m.. We get Adam-12 at 5 then Dragnet at 5:30.

I get a kick from Johny Gauge when he is recommending to the start an IV before the Doctor approves. Last nights episode John asked and the Doc told him no just transport. So John asks if he should transport immediately.

Is there any other way.

I can understand an AMC being needed to pick up slack for a Mopar. And every ambassador always needs a bowtie.:boom:

Back