Cadillac window channel/run

Does anyone know where I can get new window channel/run for my '68 Cadillac? I need the kind that has the stainless steel bead on the outer edge on each side. This would be for the door windows, front and rear. The lining in mine is shot and I want to put new channels in when I take out the windows and replace the motors. We did this to the '53 Ford last year and it made a HUGE difference. Thanks for you help!

Try www.rubbertherightway.com

They have many window products for Cadillacs from 1949 to 1985.

They're service is quick and they're great on the phone.

Thanks. I looked at the site and all I found was the lining stuff.....I would much rather just buy the whole new channel if I could, as trying to re-line those would be a real chore. I can't figure out why this is so hard to find, when we easily found and bought new for the Ford. Oh well.....

Hi Shawn...I'd still give them a call. They were very helpful when I called them looking for parts and gave me another place to look. Even if they don't carry what you need they may be able to send you to another dealer that has what you want.

Good luck with the hunt!

the liner is about all you'll find for the caddy. Rubber the right way (866-789-7879) UAS parts (800-872-2013) Restoration specialties (814-467-9842) all handle that part in bulk. as dose good old don't forget to check JC Whitney. they all get it from the same source. it just a case of who has it cheaper today. with the ford or Chevy truck they can sell enough to re pop the assemblies. with your caddy you'll have to rebuild it your self. don't forget the weather seals inside and out on the door to. change them if you need to. the run Chanel will come in different sizes so be careful what you get. I can't remember off hand how they put it in your car but normally if your putting it in, the top piece goes out side the up rights. any good construction grade glue will hold it in place. jut tell them what your after and they can let you know what they have and cost.

Back