Wheel chocks-explain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the PCS requires all cars to have wheel chocks at the events. I also understand you have to have a right and a left set.

Need help understanding this please.

Richard

wheel chocks

I don't know how many chocks we will need. Walmart has nice molded plastic ones for around $6-9 per pair. You get bright yellow or black. Look like they came from the same mold. Just different colors, logos, and price.
You can make a quick set by cutting a 4x4 inch piece of wood. Use oak or some othr hard wood. Cut a 45 degree angle on one end and you got a chock.
I still have the original Cadillac supplied one with my coach. Mine is black. I have seen dull yellow ones too. Cadillac supplied one per car. How many the PCS wants is what we are looking for. I would think one pair should do the job but I don't make the rules.
I think there is a new standard for the fire extinguisher too.
Mike

properly positioned the chocks will go one in front of a tire one behind the tire. a small piece of rope or chain the right distance will keep them together. one wheel is all they need to be on.

properly positioned the chocks will go one in front of a tire one behind the tire. a small piece of rope or chain the right distance will keep them together. one wheel is all they need to be on.

Just like one would find using on an airplane. Great. I got a new fire extinquisher rated for everything except kitchen fires so it should be ok.

TKS

Richard

Just make sure that you use the right wheel chock on the right wheel. ;) You don't want to be left out in the cold by being disqualified..

It is very important to not get them mixed up and put the left on the right and vice versa. Being a judge, I always check to see if the right chock is on the correct wheel. I would suggest you label them so as not to get confused.:rolleyes:

I did forget to mention that not only right and left are a problem but for and aft also. don't put the front one in back. one would be asked to pick up his chocks and never darken the show field again. :rolleyes:

Another good reason to come to meets: Last year, at Mt. Laurel, Paul Vickery gave away a lot of wheelchocks he had made from 4x4's.

...I got a new fire extinquisher rated for everything except kitchen fires so it should be ok...
That's OK, you've got most everything but the kitchen sink in your ambulance! :cool:

Ohh, sorry, everything but the kitchen sink and airhorns! :eek:

It is very important to not get them mixed up and put the left on the right and vice versa. Being a judge, I always check to see if the right chock is on the correct wheel. I would suggest you label them so as not to get confused.:rolleyes:

But what is the differnce between the two?

Richard

Mine were labelled left and right on the bottom from the factory!

"But what is the differnce between the two?"

The right one goes on the driver's side (right) and the left goes on the passonger's side (left):rolleyes::D
If they have a rope or chain connecting them the right one has the connection on the right side and the left one has the connection on the left side. Simple right, and I think there's nothing left to be said about it!:p

But what is the difference between the two?

Richard

It is the number of degrees of the angle from the top of the chock to the bottom of the chock in relationship to the circumference of the diameter of the wheel in relationship to the size of the tire, and its placement on the vehicle. It is also dependent on if the tire is filled with 70% nitrogen vs. 100% nitrogen. Which tire fill you use will depend on the rubber compounds in the tire itself. You will need to check with the tire manufacturer to see what specification that they require.

Chocks

It is the number of degrees of the angle from the top of the chock to the bottom of the chock in relationship to the circumference of the diameter of the wheel in relationship to the size of the tire, and its placement on the vehicle. It is also dependent on if the tire is filled with 70% nitrogen vs. 100% nitrogen. Which tire fill you use will depend on the rubber compounds in the tire itself. You will need to check with the tire manufacturer to see what specification that they require.

Also , remember that the spare wheel takes the OSHA / CARB / FEMA approved chock.;)

and when Ed Renstrom says "coffie anyone?", its probably Chock Full Of nuts

maybe not nuts but thinned with a little Bovine Excitement. one of the most powerful things on the face of the earth. something that promotes growth. no club should be with out it.

but you guys think this off the wall. having spent 20 some years in government service, I have gone over things this simple too many times for it to be funny.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back