Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
ANNOUNCING THE 3RD ANNUAL
CARNATION MEET
ALLIANCE, OHIO
AUGUST 7TH-AUGUST 10TH
Well here it is, what everyone is waiting for, the event schedule for this year’s Carnation Meet. The good news and bad news is two great events are going on this weekend; The Professional Football Hall of Fame Festival has a lot of events planned in nearby Canton, Ohio and the 50th Annual Carnation Festival. This has made hotel motel reservations a rarity and they are premium priced, but we have found away around that.
This year our host hotel will be the Oak Ridge Motel just five minutes east of Alliance. I have checked out the rooms and they are clean and quaint. The motel is connected to a Perkins Restaurant. Rooms will be limited so make reservations early. Nightly double occupancy is only $43.90 per night!
Oak Ridge Motel
20040 Harrisburg Westville Road
Alliance, Ohio 44601
330-821-9600
If your tastes are more eclectic, you may want to reserve one of four available rooms at the F.A. Sebring Mansion Inn & Spa just about five more minutes away. This newly restored historic mansion will begin taking overnight accommodations starting August 1st, but make your reservations now. I toured the place and it is gorgeous. Still no confirmed price yet other than it will be between $100 and $200 per night and may I say, worth every penny!
Sebring Mansion Inn & Spa
385 W. Ohio Ave.
Sebring, Ohio 44672
330-938-0423 Ext. 111

Friday August 7th, 20095:30 PM
We will leave the Oak Ridge and proceed to Aldersgate Church on Edison Street, once we have everyone there, we will run Code three through Marlboro Township to the Maize Valley Farm Market and Winery. On tap for the evening is dinner and entertainment by singer Jim Golan who specializes in Jimmy Buffett type music. Enjoy a bottle of Maize Valley’s Wine and maybe we can get Bill to fire up the Pumpkin Canon.
Afterward back to the Oak Ridge for the parking lot activities.

Saturday August 8th, 2009 12:pM-4:pM
The Carnation Car Show on the grounds of the beautiful historic Glamorgan Castle grounds. We are general entries as well as the Ohio and Tri State Chapters also present trophies for:
Best Appearing:
Ambulance, Combination, Hearse, Horse Drawn, Flower/First Call Car, Limousine

Afterwards we will go to a local eatery to be announced.

Sunday August 9th, 2009 9:am – 4:pm
The Carnation Fire Truck Pump In and Muster- Vintage fire apparatus surround the Glamorgan Castle Lakes shooting water, while local firefighters from area departments compete. Our cars will be staged on display across the street at the Sharer-Stirling-Skivolocke Funeral Home. Maybe if we ask Dan real nice, we could manage a tour?
At 1:pM we will proceed to the corner of Park and Main in Alliance to participate, if you like in the Carnation Festival Kickoff Parade that will conclude back at Glamorgan Castle.
At 4:pM we will proceed to Doug’s Classic 57 Diner for the Carnation Cruise In from 4:pM to 8:pM

Monday August 10th, Time to be announced
It is still unconfirmed but tentative, we will try to get to Dover, Ohio to see the spectacular collection of vintage ambulances, funeral home equipment and squad equipment of Bob Smith, owner of Smith Ambulance. As stated it is not confirmed at this time.

Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 10:am
We will motorcade from the Oak Ridge to Flint, Michigan for the 33rd Annual International Meet.

This will be updated as confirmations are occurring.

Ron Devies
President,
Ohio Chapter Professional Car Society

Miss Alliance? R U kidding?

Just a note to say I will be going to Alliance again this year. When you know you will have a very good time why would you not go? This is a great meet! Don't miss it. I know I won't.
Mike

Just a note to say I will be going to Alliance again this year. When you know you will have a very good time why would you not go? This is a great meet! Don't miss it. I know I won't.
Mike

Whew! I had to read that twice! Mike I thought you were running to be Miss Alliance, that would not have been pretty!:eek:

Reservations?

Is it necessary to reserve a space ahead of time for the car show on the 8th? I know I'll be in Ohio then, just not sure of my schedule.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back