Blizzard of 1977

Given yesterdays blizzard which affected over 100 million people in the US & Canada, I had to post this picture. Taken somewhere on the Niagara Peninsula, this 1967 Superior Cadillac which was owned by the Alexander Ambulance in Welland, Ontario was buried along with 100's of other vehicles. Today, this car resides in PCS member Len Langlois' collection.

5411425131_e20c479e7b_b.jpg

4 Rotorbeams

Wow , those four rotorbeams must have really sucked the batteries dry on that one....wouldn't want to forget them on with the engine off too long...

we do forget this has happened before. I have shared this one a few times but it goes with the post. still marvel at it the more you look the more you see. these were some tough men.

Attachments

• loading 1940 s winter.jpg
    loading 1940 s winter.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 896
we do forget this has happened before. I have shared this one a few times but it goes with the post. still marvel at it the more you look the more you see. these were some tough men.

I'm guessing that the truck in front of the ambulance has a plow on it; perhaps necessary to get it (the ambulance) to the scene? I also see that the ambulance is chained to the truck.

tire chains on both of them to. see the wrap they have on that pt? let alone the buffalo coat on the one man have. I don't recall the web side I got that one from. may have been the national library, was doing a old photos of the black hills search and this one came up.

Wonder who the coach builder of that rig was in Ed's picture? The rear glass and door treatment is very unique! Is that siren flared into the roof or is that just all the snow/ice giving it that look?

If you look real close, you'll see a chain, or something, from the ambulance to the truck.

When it gets that bad, we leave the ambulance on the main road, and take the person out of where ever in a front end loader. Or...

166849_160303564018744_100001173040126_282664_758928_n.jpg

164336_160303614018739_100001173040126_282665_4749175_n.jpg

Ed, What is a "buffalo coat?"

the two men in the for ground with there backs to the camera one with a light coat one with a dark coat. there are made from buffalo hide. the light one would be bleached out. heavier the all H but vary warm.

I to have wondered about the car. it looks to me to be a airflow from the front fender. the small glass in the back with a vent I have never seen. add the suicide center doors and it would be one to find.

as for leaving it out on the main road, what makes you think this is not the main road?? I would bet from the way he is warped that they sledded him out to the main road to load him up. one would never get all that wrapping loose in the ambulance to see if he was still alive. it would have to be a suprise for the hospital staff.

There is a good one f I think a Henney Packard that slid off the snowy road into the ditch floating around somewhere, I cannot seem to find it though.:(

Back