A sad end to a miller

Rocky Fluegge

PCS Member
I friend of mine saved this car from the crusher. It is a 54 miller, and a sad end to the old girl at that. Im going to get some parts from it he will be parting it out so if any one needs a front clip or doors. There is some upper rear interior trim in the back but most of the combo hearse stuff is long gone. Im hoping to get the front seat and divider. Let me know if anyone needs anything.

Attachments

• Dodge roof chop-dashboard build 009.jpg
    Dodge roof chop-dashboard build 009.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 338
  • Dodge roof chop-dashboard build 012.jpg
    Dodge roof chop-dashboard build 012.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 335
  • Dodge roof chop-dashboard build 008.jpg
    Dodge roof chop-dashboard build 008.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 339
a sad Miller

Rocky,
What can you tell me about the engine? I have a friend rebuilding a 53 Coupe de Ville. That engine should be a 331. What trans is in this one? You could get 3 speeds on the tree or the hydramatc. Someone may want to save those commercial wheels.
If only I still had my dad's 54 Coupe.
Mike

Subtle engine differences

Mike, I discovered a few years ago that there are some subtle differences between the '53 engine and '54-'55. They have to do with distances between bolts, etc. They're not visible to the naked eye, but if comparison measurements are taken, they're quite distinct. For example, with the thought of adding a factory '54 air conditioning compressor to my '53 flower car, the OEM compressor brackets just won't mount up. Your friend with the '53 might benefit from knowing this.

This being said, however, I know of some guys much closer to you, in Indiana, near the Ohio line, who make '53 Cadillacs their priority, and apparently have lots of parts cars. I've been meaning to visit them, but haven't yet. (I'm looking for a vibration dampener with extra drive pulley for air conditioning.) If you email me privately, I'll see if I can find the paper I have with their address. Tom ( hoczyk@yahoo.com )

Attachments

• DSC_0142.jpg
    DSC_0142.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 225
It has a hydro, So there are a diffrence in the comercial wheels? what is it?

The commercial chassis wheels will have 3 large rivets at each of the 4 spots where the wheel center mates up with the actual rim (you'll find this on the inside of the rim) the '51 Superior was this way. I can tell you the early rims only work on drum brakes, they won't clear disk brakes.

No commercial windshield Rocky until '59.

Rear bumper center section looks workable. Someone will need it. '54/'55 hood hinge are horridly flawed with a high mortality rate. Make certain if good that is kept. (Although the hood remained the same in '56, the hinge was redesigned and structurally does not fit '54/'55.)

Mike, can't recall if '51 or '53 was last year for manual.

Back