WANTED: Funeral Home in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
After being in Flint for the Micro-Meet my heart is heavy and I want to get back to the State of Michigan. It appears I meet their licensing requirements.
Therefore I'm interested in purchasing a funeral home in Michigan with location not an issue at this time. If you hear of anything please let me know.

Richard Vyse
386.427.3634 home
386.689.6791 cell

After being in Flint for the Micro-Meet my heart is heavy and I want to get back to the State of Michigan. It appears I meet their licensing requirements.
Therefore I'm interested in purchasing a funeral home in Michigan with location not an issue at this time. If you hear of anything please let me know.

Richard Vyse
386.427.3634 home
386.689.6791 cell

Gee whiz Richard, you were in one with pictures. A little repaint and your off, comes with removal car in basement. Or should I say a car that needs removed?:4_11_9:

little slices of heaven don't get offered like that every day. little paint little heat all that. no different then bring a life liner back. now thats a study in contrast bring a funeral home back to life.

Richard I've never been to Michigan, I have been to Florida, and enjoy the warm weather. I've gotta tell ya I'm scratching my head on this one. By the way the offer to trade RI for Fla. still stands, however the embalming thing may be a hurdle.:yum: But I suppose home is home and there is nothing like it. I say I would like to move to Florida but I think I would miss RI in only a few short months.

Be careful.

When I was on the State Board we had some issues with Florida licensing applicants. I hope that has changed since then but I suggest you contact the State Board to apply for a Michigan license NOW before you spend any money in furtherance of your goal. I hope you get back to Michigan, we have missed you.

I have heard slight rumors of interest in selling two different homes in this area. One in Brown City, the other in Columbiaville. You would have to call the owner of each to know for sure. Both bare their owners name.
Brady's point should be taken seriously as well.
Kelly

I have heard slight rumors of interest in selling two different homes in this area. One in Brown City, the other in Columbiaville. You would have to call the owner of each to know for sure. Both bare their owners name.
Brady's point should be taken seriously as well.
Kelly

Thanks for the information and will begin a search. As far as educational requirements, Michigan actually lowered their requirements so I'm good to go and if there were an issue, Terri has it covered. I hope to begin the application process with the State of Michigan soon too.

Confused?

Richard: I'm confused.... Don't most Funeral Directors (and other folks) want to move FROM the COLD Northern States to Sunny FLORIDA? MM

Richard: I'm confused.... Don't most Funeral Directors (and other folks) want to move FROM the COLD Northern States to Sunny FLORIDA? MM

"Half back".....one born and partially raised in a northern state......moved to Florida.....lived there for years.......and made it "half" way back, settling in the Smoky Mountains of western NC. I have NO regrets fleeing Florida in 97. :drive2:

To most people moving to Michigan seems crazy except, I love the State of Michigan and have always wanted to move back. The issue was making a living. I'll move back providing I can get my own funeral home. After 32 years in hotel management it is time to give that up and focus on my true love, the funeral business. :blahblah:

True Love????

To most people moving to Michigan seems crazy except, I love the State of Michigan and have always wanted to move back. The issue was making a living. I'll move back providing I can get my own funeral home. After 32 years in hotel management it is time to give that up and focus on my true love, the funeral business. :blahblah:

I thought TERRI was your true love?

I tried to buy the one we "allegedly" trespassed in several times. But other issues surrounding that particular funeral home are many. Most importantly the building is just too far gone to bring back to life and the location is not in the best part of town. That area is now all African-American. I could invest a million or more into the place and simply would not get the business.
Hope that is politically correct now!!! :3some:

Richard Vyse
386.427.3634 home
386.689.6791 cell

Richard, there's a 2-year old funeral home doing 200+ calls a year in Michigan for sale. The owner died. It's advertised in this month's American Funeral Director magazine. Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back