WANTED: 1967 Cadillac 145 amp generator brackets.

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Needed/in search of: Lower generator bracket mounting assembly for a 1967 Miller-Meteor Cadillac 429 V-8 with the high out put 145 amp BIG style generator. This is for a Cadillac 429 V-8, not a 472/500 as that bracketry is a different adjustment set up. The standard 80 amp generator/alternator has different bracketry as well and will not work with the high out put generators used on the ambulances. This is for a ambulance restoration project I'm assisting on. The missing bracket seems to have "sprouted legs" and walked off along with some other parts while in a couple of the prior shops it was at. Bracket maybe same on others years, 1965, 1966 as well. So please check your parts cars, sheds, garages and parts piles if you think you may have this part! Even good photos of part will work to fabricate another bracket if need be! Thanks!

Photos of the bracket off my '67. I don't have one to part with (actually, I found I crack in mine, which I will need to weld before reinstalling.)

If no one else has one to spare, let me know, I will gladly provide more detailed photos, measurements, etc. if you need them.

I'm even willing to take to a local shop to see what they would charge to recreate it, if you end up needing that. (It wouldn't be identical, the original is stamped, the replacement would be welded.)

I could see no numbers or identifying marks on the bracket on mine.

Attachments

• alternator bracket.jpg
    alternator bracket.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 386
  • 67 alternator bracket 2.jpg
    67 alternator bracket 2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 387
  • 67 alternator bracket 3.jpg
    67 alternator bracket 3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 384
take a peace of paper set the mount on it like the last picture then trace the bottom put a bolt in the hole to keep it in place wrap the paper up over the back side tracing as you go the up in between the the ears. this will give you the pattern to cut it out of a flat plate. then it's drill the holes and with a little heat make your bends. when you trace it you can scribe the center of the bends on the back of the paper.

Photos of the bracket off my '67. I don't have one to part with (actually, I found I crack in mine, which I will need to weld before reinstalling.) If no one else has one to spare, let me know, I will gladly provide more detailed photos, measurements, etc. if you need them. I'm even willing to take to a local shop to see what they would charge to recreate it, if you end up needing that. (It wouldn't be identical, the original is stamped, the replacement would be welded.) I could see no numbers or identifying marks on the bracket on mine.

Thanks Jacob for those photos! Can at least go by the photos and possibly make one if no bracket turns up! Now we have an idea of what we need! Thanks again!!

Bumping up as a reminder before Gettysburg that we're still looking for a generator bracket described above! If anyone has anything please let me know! Thanks!

Jeremy, I went to my local automotive recycler who picked up the remains of Kenny Olsen's 66 Superior. Unfortunately the bracket is different, and not what you need. I am however going back and retrieve it at some point.
If you or anyone else can think of any parts you may need let me know. I will look for them on my return visit. I can tell you that a lot of parts have already been picked, but there are still a lot left.:thumbsup:

Back