4633R Bulbs Wanted

Par 36 and Par 46 bulbs only differ in diameter. The bulb number itself determines the focal pattern on the front of the lens. Problem is that there are lots of numbers, and there is no distinct way to know exactly what the difference is unless you have them side by side. As for the terminal configuration, it seems that was up to the manufacturer, since I have found some bulbs that have screw terminals, and others with the same part number, with push on terminals, and in one case, the bulb had both push on, and screw terminals. I will try to get some pictures to this thread soon, of what I have.

found this site also www.donsbulbs.com a lot of information there . the automotive sealed beams are listed in 3 different categories. par 35 is approx 4 in in dimanter used as a warning light manly in beacons or the fog type mounts. the 45 series are the standard size of the 4 headlight configuration. approx 5 3/4. the 56 series are the size of the two head light set approx 7 in. the par is a reference to the parabolic reflector they come in all colors and patterns. the bulb this thread was started on the 4533R is one people have been putting in the high beam socket for winking reds. it is not the right one for this application. a 4101R would be the one need for it. as I explained here
http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2013-09-10/11:02:15. I do have two of the 4533R and if Kert needs them he can have them they are just shelf sitters for me.

I learned today why the sealed beam bulbs are getting scarce. Both Phillips and Wagner have exited the sealed beam market, and it appears that the rest of the manufacturers are also getting out of the market, from what I have learned. The present inventory of sealed beams is all that will be available for the future, since all automobile manufacturers have switched to replaceable headlamp bulbs, instead of replacing the entire sealed beam. I suggest that you pick up spare headlamp bulbs for your cars, because who knows how long you will be able to find them at a reasonable cost.

a man should not reread his own post thats pr 36,46 and 56. bad news for the older car market for sure. glad I don't have one of those Chevy trucks with the tinny lights. they were hard to find when they were new. so now we scrounge yards for a head light. how many got missed in the big yard crawl? you get a high top the lights have been taken out of and your expense in putting them back in will be over 500 bucks

Ed,
Your 4633Rs arrived yesterday. Thank you very much!! Your amber bulbs should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. I greatly appreciate the help!

they have headlights using this system also 6 &12 volt. but tell me why is it every time it's new and improved. it's made cheaper costs twice as much.

the matched pair of yellows got here yesterday. so we can get fog lights on the Stoner. if i can figure out were to mount them

must be a Ford thing.....

The spotlights on my issued police cars [Crown Vics] have been Par 46 for about 18 years. They have a chrome handle with a black plastic housing. I think the last car I had with a Par 36 size spotlight was a 1995 Caprice and it was all chrome, housing and handle.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 115
If there is enough interest in having some 4633R's as spares laying around, I will approach GE to see the feasibility of having a large run made. I know that I have use for 30 - 36 of them and would love to have many more on hand. From my previous experiences dealing with lighting companies, if you order enough they will do whatever necessary to make you happy. GE is one of these companies.

I will also check with one of my overseas vendors to see what the price comparison would be for a large custom run of bulbs. I know they manufacture Par 46 lamp as well as other PAR sizes currently.

I know there are many of us that would love to have the 4633R's available at a price better than $50 each if they are readily available. I know my accounts with both companies should enable a better price on a special run.

Thoughts on this????

it would be nice to see what one can do. the 46 is the common light on most of the high tops. I'm looking at keeping 14 going on the 70 before I add the fog lights. even the new leds with a plastic cast housing and lens shaped "correctly" would be a lot better then burnt out or broken bulbs. it's getting so I'm thinking about a armed guard on the shed I have all the used ones stored in :rolleyes:

I approached Wagner about making a run of 5001R sealed beams and got the runaround. I'm even having trouble getting 4434A, which is still a good number with Wagner and GE.

As much as I spend when it comes to glass products, GE and others usually are on the spot for me. If there are other much needed sizes I will inquire on them as well. I know my min orders on special runs in the past have been 250 quantities.

I don't have issue meeting the 250 orders to just sit around but I need to know if others can use them. I do have demand in my own fleet for many "new" bulbs already. So ordering to benefit my girls makes it good by me.

As much as I spend when it comes to glass products, GE and others usually are on the spot for me. If there are other much needed sizes I will inquire on them as well. I know my min orders on special runs in the past have been 250 quantities.

I don't have issue meeting the 250 orders to just sit around but I need to know if others can use them. I do have demand in my own fleet for many "new" bulbs already. So ordering to benefit my girls makes it good by me.

You know I'm down for some :applause:

I was talking quantities in the hundreds of cases, at 12 per case. The problem is that these haven't been made in country for years. Wagner manufactures in China and GE in Hungary. At least that's what each of them told me. To these guys it's just not worth it to set up for a short run.

I'm a go for red glass but not at in a range that is twice the clear price. the only new I could find in a par46 were spots

Back