Horn Placement Picture needed

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
I need a picture of the horn placement in a 1967 through 1970 Cadillac. Depending on how the car was equipped, it will have either 2, 3, or 4 horns. thanks Paul

I am assuming that your horn placement will depend upon whether you have a 1 or 2 battery set up.

Horns

I need a picture of the horn placement in a 1967 through 1970 Cadillac. Depending on how the car was equipped, it will have either 2, 3, or 4 horns. thanks Paul

If this helps any,some pics from a 69 Fleetwood Bro Ham :) I,am parting out. The 3rd horn is already gone but you can see where it went on the core support.

Attachments

• DSC05367.jpg
    DSC05367.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC05368.jpg
    DSC05368.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC05369.jpg
    DSC05369.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 207
Two horns were standard three on the Eldorodo you are showing location of third horn on radiator support bar it was held on with one bolt through support bar and into horn you can see in picture with wire where bolt went through hole. The third horn was if I remember right a $25.00 option on all models. The horn was not similar to the other two it had a long skinny trumpet that faced down.This gave it the distinctive Eldorodo sound. I never saw a four horn equipped car from the factory perhaps the city pimpmobile model had four or even more.

with duel batteries they were shoved over to the center in front of the radiator. or at least that is were I found it on your 69 single horn. we put the double back on in the same location in front of the radiator. the 73 had then tucked under the left fender as shown as did the 70 we took the cor support out from for your 69.

so the better question is were did the after market people move the horns to when they put the duel batteries in . because the left battery goes were the horns were put by Cadillac

Attachments

• IMG_9870.jpg
    IMG_9870.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2545 the left battery one.jpg
    IMG_2545 the left battery one.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_7048.jpg
    IMG_7048.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 133
I agree with Ed the aftermarket (converters) moved the horns to center as they had no choice with the addition of second battery. I think GM put them in the left corner to minimize exposure to road salt and rain. Interesting to note that todays Tahoe Suburban series all come with the second battery tray installed even when the two battery option is not ordered.

Back