Women's Rescue Squad, WWII

This caught my attention in today's Washington Post newspaper, in the obituaries. This woman led a women-run rescue squad duirng WWII.

I just never gave it much thought really. Interesting. Anyone else know of a similar group during the War?

Attachments

• womensrescue.jpg
    womensrescue.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 251
The women got it done!

Women worked in many jobs that were formerly a "men only"domain.My mom was a Rosie riveter,building P-39 Aircobra's at the Bell aircraft plant in Niagara Falls,N.Y.She was a lead lady on the fuselage team.

I still have all her "E for Excellence awards!!!

R.I.P. Eloise Marie Shira.

Just one of hundreds of thousands of women who helped win WW II on the home front:893USA-Smilie-thumb

Well, I remember an old ambulance driver in the 50's in Hull who was a little rough with patients was asked to bring a nurse with him as an helper on accident scenes.. beginning of the female EMT?

My great aunt was a city bus driver in Buffalo N.Y. during the war,and then at 80 years old drove from her house in Compton Calif.to our place here in Woodstock,Ont to visit family,what a lady.These stories need to be told,all hands were on deck during the war, the unsung heroes..RIP.and thanks..

Back