1996 Cadillac Federal NICE!!!

This 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Hearse built by Master Cadillac Coachbuilder, Federal Coach, is in fantastic condition, showing just 45,481 miles. The engine is so smooth and quiet, you almost don't know it's running! The transmission shifts smoothly and the ride is soft, with proper handling. The body and paint are in excellent condition. The interior is in equally excellent condition https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Cadil...ash=item1ed2e82768:g:e5sAAOSwmkpZ8n9o&vxp=mtr

A car that nice will bring the asking price.:applause:

If this is worth the asking price, then why didn't the '96 S&S Cadillac that was on eBay about 10 days ago, only go to a bid of $4500? It didn't sell, because there was a reserve on the auction, but it was every bit as nice a car as this one, and it had an extended table.

I too am surprised it only brought $4500.00 it had the table and was a S&S Masterpiece- commercial glass. This one does have being white going for it. Though I personally would prefer a black on burgundy interior.I would have bought the Masterpiece but for having my green one don't need two.

Actually, white is not a good color for the majority of hearse collectors. It's a good color if going back into service, but very few '96 and older hearses do anymore.

Any S&S is much more desireable, to most collectors, than any Federal.

Last edited:
Carl Woerner currently has a '96 Eagle that is white with a white vinyl top and black interior(According to Carl. Web site says blue). 49,656 miles and a southern coach. Carl is asking $2825. Again, any Eagle is a far better constructed than a Federal.

I was also surprised the Masterpiece fell short. I was the hi bidder a just knew it was going to go higher. Any ideas why it fell short of sellers goal?

I think prices have continued to soften on all of the '93-'96 Cadillac coaches as very few, if any, are being purchased by funeral homes to go back into service. The collectors will buy the most desireable coaches in these years(S&S Masterpieces and Victorias) for decent money, but the bulk of them end up as drivers and utilitarian vehicles(trucks) and sell in the $1500-$2500 range.

They are a good by for some one that wants a car they can drive across country if they want. But you still got to want one. No me I have grand kids that are older. They just don't have the appeal of a 60-70 to me

93-96

I think prices have continued to soften on all of the '93-'96 Cadillac coaches as very few, if any, are being purchased by funeral homes to go back into service. The collectors will buy the most desireable coaches in these years(S&S Masterpieces and Victorias) for decent money, but the bulk of them end up as drivers and utilitarian vehicles(trucks) and sell in the $1500-$2500 range.

Do not forget the other ones. :)

Attachments

• DSC04247.jpg
    DSC04247.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 109
I agree but not. Ed I have had many 60s and 70s Coaches Limos and Ambulances and with regret sold many. My wife and I moved everything into our first house with a 62 Superior High top. The 93 to 96 vehicles are great from the fact they have AC Power seats tilt wheels and overdrive transmissions. This makes them more comfortable ,economical , and higher cruising speeds. We used the 96 six door to run back and forth to Gettysberg 152 miles door to door (let the Masterpiece stay at the show) due to a sick dog that needed to be home.. We did the trip in 2 1/2 hours a little less on a couple averaged 19.3 MPG in air conditioned comfort. Something you can't do with the earlier vehicles. My fondest memories are the 69 Lehman Peterson limo, the 52 Packard Henney High top Ambulance and the Superior 54 XL, but I don't want any back.

Which is why my new daily driver is a 94 DeVille. The coaches just don't have any appeal to me.they all look like they are wearing a ball cap.

I have my 06 Town Car long door at present 445000 miles original motor, trans repl at 395000 getting a bit of rust in left dog leg. Other wise lookin good and interior would appear to have 50k on it drivers seat shows little wear. Its getting a rest these days the Audi A8 is the current daily ride quicker and slicker. The Town Car will make Pro car status as it an Eagle conversion for Carey Transportation. Oh yeah love the six door no "baseball cap".

........... but your C-B Seville is a landau??

It doesn't look like it is wearing a ball cap. Got a back seat ,place for a gurney and no rollers. I never sad I didn't like landau bars just that a hearse was a wast of a good car. We are working on the salt and pepper set Dan. They will make great book ends.

Back