Material needed for PCS website

Jim Staruk

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
Dear PCS members,

The PCS website is OUR website: I only upload or type in current information and arrange it to look good. I need to rely on all PCS members to keep me updated on anything pertaining to the PCS in general or something personal about you.

Are you having a meet? Let me know. Did you purchase a new Pro car? Let me know and send me some photos. Have you uploaded anything on YouTube? Send me the link and you'll be on the main page of the PCS website.

I'm also thinking about profiling different PCS members on a monthly basis. Just a short biography, a list of their Pro cars and perhaps a photo or two. Any volunteers to be the first celebrity?

Please send anything you want published or any comments to: professionalcarwebmaster@gmail.com

So far in the few short days I've had access to the site, I've made it secure (you won't see "this site is not secure" any longer), I've completed uploading images of all PCS magazine covers from 1980-2019, I've uploaded some fresh videos, added an "Archive" page (where news and videos from the front page will be moved to so it's never lost) and performed some minor housekeeping.

I want to thank Dennis Goethe for setting up the backbones of this site. He did the hard part. Updating pages is the easy part!

Again, I can't know everything that's going on throughout this wonderful community so I need all of you to keep me updated on anything new.

Thanks

Jim

Jim: please disregard the email I sent you regarding the Forums within the PCS Website. President Steinberg just informed me the Forums on THEPROFESSIONALCARSOCIETY.ORG will be shut down at the end of the month. This will end my moderator duties.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a different, non-PCS website that seems to have been shut down awhile back, they used to update content semi-regularly, and added very interesting articles now and then always having to do with the pro-car industry. The most recent ones I remember were about a M-M dealer, who went to great pains to provide great customer service to his customers, sometimes even paying to repair warranty issues himself rather than having to have M-M do them to keep costs down. Another very interesting article was about home-made "tuna truck" type ambulances that an ambulance service owner built himself, even putting home window air conditioner units in the back, and putting porch lights over the rear loading doors! This guy also didn't believe in beacons because they were too expensive to repair so he just installed his own blinkers which were the units' only warning lights. I remember there being a picture of one of these trucks, and they looked AWFUL! They looked more like a garbage truck than an ambulance. But my point being, the website was updated with content and the content was really well written and interesting. Maybe we could provide content similar to that, to draw people in. And of course have the forum section direct people right here, as our forum is wonderful!

It would be really neat if the store was stocked with more merchandise too, like Pro car books available for sale. Unfortunately a lot of them are out of print, but some of the most wonderful books available are "Humble Heroes", Mr. McCall's "75 Years of Cadillac & LaSalle", and of course Mr. McPherson's books as well! I for one would purchase more of these for my collection, and it would be great if I could purchase them right from the PCS store.

Back