1975 MM Lifeliner- probably to be parted out

Kevin Lynch

PCS Member
Just a heads up here in general discussion - in case anyone wants to chime in- concerning the ex Keyport NJ &5 Lifeliner. I blended it with a parts car about two years ago. It has a donor front clip, some door skins, and rear quarter panels. Now retired, I'm restoring a 36 Ford rescue truck. The 75 has an engine with ZERO miles on it (rebuilt); front seat reupholstered,and other goodies. As is, it's not worth much. I know in Florida, air boat builders love the Caddy 500's and that would be the most valuable part of the car (although I probably have 4k into it). So rather than continue spending, it's time to back off.
Thoughts and comments appreciated.
Thanks
Kevin
www.ThisOldFireTruck.com

Thinking

That's what I'm pondering- ---- But I see it worth more parting out...but still thinking. This would be a major undertaking although the guys who "blended" the parts car for me are willing to hold onto it while it's parted out.
Anyone interested in making an offer, I'd be glad to look at it..

you mentioned door skins. Any chance the right side front and rear skins fit my 73? Also Kevin, can you post a few pictures just to get us excited.

Richard

Ok Richard

Richard - I'm still in the thinking phase. I haven't upgraded my website in months. Its a new format and I've got to get some practice in. I'd be surprised if those skins were the same but I can take some measurements etc. I learned that the back side doors are actually front doors with the forward 4 inches trimmed off. http://www.thisoldfiretruck.com

I'll have more to post soon; having an emergency equipment yard sale soon.

All '71-'76 M-M doors should interchange. Not sure as to why you would mess with re-skinning doors though. Just swap your doors with better off of another '71-76 M-M combo. end-loader, or ambulance. Parts cars are out there!

Search for skins

I did look for doors. I soon learned these were MM doors, not GM doors, so as you know, you can't swap a non-pro car door with a pro car. You learn a lot doing this. No luck in finding side doors.

Thanks Kevin. If the doors are interchangeable on the right side and the skins are in great shape, I would be interested in them.

Let me know.

Richard

This car is too good to be parted out, and needs someone to finish what has been started.

To part this out would be a crime the ambulances available are going away fast. Right now LOW scrap prices are saving many of the 7000 pound plus rigs from the crusher. They need to be gotton in safe hands before price rises again. Scrap is supposed to stay down through next spring perhaps much longer no one knows depends on folks in CHINA they ain't buying just now.

To part this out would be a crime the ambulances available are going away fast. Right now LOW scrap prices are saving many of the 7000 pound plus rigs from the crusher. They need to be gotton in safe hands before price rises again. Scrap is supposed to stay down through next spring perhaps much longer no one knows depends on folks in CHINA they ain't buying just now.

I agree...

Personally, I don't see much demand for the coach builder-specific pieces and parts anyway! It is rare that anyone posts that they are looking for coach builder-specific parts in the "wanted" section of this website.

get the whole car. Keven has all the mayor bodywork and running gear completed.

but really Richard not to knock either car. they fixed the doors on this one the same as your's have been.

if it works the same for Kevin as it does for me, parting one out. you sell a few things off the rig. the big things one has trouble finding and you stuck with the rest. you can part it out for more money then selling it in one piece but check the yards out it will take a few years to do it. before it's down to crushing what is left.

me I still have 5 complete doors, 2 fiberglass noses, 3 sets of headlight doors, 4 sets of taillights and a rear bumper off a 71-72 CB. plus all the big pieces of the interior. with most of the out side trim.

what I need is one left rear door from a 98 4 door sedan. so I can replace my rusty one on the Seville. that I don't have

get the whole car. Keven has all the mayor bodywork and running gear completed.

but really Richard not to knock either car. they fixed the doors on this one the same as your's have been.

if it works the same for Kevin as it does for me, parting one out. you sell a few things off the rig. the big things one has trouble finding and you stuck with the rest. you can part it out for more money then selling it in one piece but check the yards out it will take a few years to do it. before it's down to crushing what is left.

me I still have 5 complete doors, 2 fiberglass noses, 3 sets of headlight doors, 4 sets of taillights and a rear bumper off a 71-72 CB. plus all the big pieces of the interior. with most of the out side trim.

what I need is one left rear door from a 98 4 door sedan. so I can replace my rusty one on the Seville. that I don't have

Sounds like Kevin is interested in dealing this one away and best to keep it whole. Man if I had the cash and a wife who would not kill me, I would jump on it but the last thing I need is a "put it back together" car.

Best of luck Kevin.

The rear doors are original and are the ones that need the skin. The front door skins came off the Coupe DeVille.
Thanks for asking!
Kev

I'm interested in the tunnel, ditch lights and the chrome trim running in between them if they are available. Pm sent.

20160101_201557_zpsxnobqe5v.jpg

Back