Car people are the greatest people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Franklin

PCS Member
Most Saturday nights, I can be found at a local burger joint for the Saturday nite cruise in. Ive gotten to know lots of different car guys and everyone knows me with my hearse or 71 Mark III. Some time back, the wheel covers on the Lincoln hearse decided they didn't want to stay on the car, so I replaced them with a set of Cadillac wire wheel covers I found on Craigslist for a bargain price. Of course, I have been the recipient of a lot of good natured kidding about having Cadillac caps on a Lincoln. Tonight, when I arrived at the cruise in, a guy I know came up to me and said he had something for me. Imagine my surprise when he opened his trunk and there was a set of 4 factory Lincoln turbine style rims with tires on them for a 80's body style Town Car. I asked him how much he wanted for them and he said "nothing, They are yours!" So, I guess tomorrow I will be changing tires on the car!

100% in agreement Rick, Congrats!! Mark Provost sent me 4 bulbs for my beacons just for the cost of postage. See, there continues to be people within the PCS who make being a member of this organization well worth it. Thank you Mark.

I had a similar experience as well. I took the Volunteer ambulance to Huntington, WV for filming "We Are Marshall". I had been missing a marker light lens from the rear fender of the car for a while, and I didn't know what it was called to look for it. One of the people from Huntington, a Cadillac collector, noticed the missing lens and told me he thought he might have one. He gave me his cell phone number and told me to call him in the morning. So I called him, and he said "I left it on the hood of your car." I asked him how I would find him to pay, and he said "don't worry about it." Very nice.

Pay it forward sometime!

yes car people are nice. what is a hard to find thing for you may be something the other man is stumbling over. I have been in a position to help a few times and been the recipient a number of times. recently got a set of side moldings for the top of the S&S from Dan Scully. been looking for those for as long as I have owned the car. words can't say how thankful I was to receive them. now of course I have to do some work on the car. but all the while I'm doing it I'll remember were the trim pieces came from. :D
but wheels and tires mounted and balanced Rick better not wast your money on a lotto ticked you have used your quota of luck up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back