Gene Knisley estate auction - Kansas City, MO

Thanks Kurt for sharing the prices and pics. Were those Ford Econoline ambulance in the background pics of the Sieberts?

Kurt - Big thank you for posting the pics / prices - always nice to know what stuff goes for. Sounds like you got the deal of the day on the Lifeliner.

Just out of curiosity, how bad is the lower body? - all the photos I've seen hide the bottom in the grass.

darn glad I wasn't there would have ended up with at least one.

Don't let not being there stop you - I didn't go, and ended up buying the most expensive one they sold (that'll teach me.)

Sorry Pete - I bought the S&S for parts to put the two you sold me back together.

Jacob,
I hope your expectations are not too high on what is usable on that S&S. Not much usable on it below the belt line. She does still have her alternator though.

The '74 Lifeliner, and all the rest of the cars in that field, have been stored in a very damp building with a dirt floor. Not a good environment at all. It only needs rockers, quarters, and fenders! Lol

I guess you could say that, had Gene Knisely not rat-holed these rigs years ago, they may not have survived at all. I just wish that he had found a better building to store them in!

Thanks Kurt for sharing the prices and pics. Were those Ford Econoline ambulance in the background pics of the Sieberts?

Bill,
I believe that those econoline van ambulances sold for $50 each as well. I met the guy that bought them, if you need anything off of them.

Before I left there on Friday, the buyer of the '69 C-B high top ambulance was loading it onto his trailer. While pulling it onto his trailer, the transmission cross member fell off and the drive shaft fell off.

More Loot From Friday's Auction

I purchased this lot of bullets and the federal 18s as well on Friday at the auction. All will be available in the future, if anyone is in need. I have not cleaned anything up yet. The McKesson Resuscitator was in the '74 Lifeliner and will need restoration work, but looks to be all there.

Attachments

• IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 325
  • Federal 18s 2.jpg
    Federal 18s 2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 312
Any pics of the Econolines?

Kurt...did you happen to get any pictures of the Econolines?

Bill,
I did not. Other than being weathered, they probably had the best bodies as they always sat where you see them outside on a paved surface.

Bill,
I lied to you! I did take 1 photo of one of the Econoline ambulances. As I said, I met the guy who bought this one and 11 others, if you are interested in anything!

Attachments

• IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 320
If anyone has any interest in anything off of the 2 '70 vintage Ford Econoline ambulances, you had better speak up. I spoke with Eric(the buyer) yesterday and he will be hauling those 2 directly to the shreader this week. He has taken the lights off of the one already, but doubt that anything else will be removed.

Also, if anyone has interest in the 2 '76 vintage Dodge Stratus ambulances or the '76 vintage Superior "Fat Boy", you will want to speak up as well. Eric may end up hauling those to the shreader too. I tried to discourage that when I spoke with him, but he has a huge task ahead of him in getting the 12 vehicles that he purchased out of there in the next 2 weeks. I would imagine that he will grow discouraged by the time he gets the last of them out of there. We helped him load the '54 Superior Pontiac ambulance yesterday while down there.

The results of 20+ years of bad indoor storage.

Well, I gave my most recent purchase it's initial bath. Sometimes nice old cars end up in the hands of someone who has no business owning them. In this case, the previous owner bought this rig 20+ years ago and stuck it in a nasty, neglected, un-lit building with continually wet dirt floors. Mine was just one of a dozen old rigs stored in these deplorable conditions by their previous owner. It is upsetting to think that these rigs all belonged to a former PCS member. My '74 M-M Lifeliner was a one-owner rig that was taken out of service and traded in in 1992 on a new Stratus ambulance. It was traded to Firefox Emergency Equipment, who was a Stratus dealer. Jodi at Firefox then sold/traded it to Gene at Stratus. It was in beautiful shape when traded in, according to a long-time member of the Minden, NE crew. Because of these extreme storage issues, it now needs fenders, rockers, quarters, etc., etc., etc.

I will not be the one to restore this, very well equipped, rig but I will see to it that it ends up in the hands of someone who will.

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0507.jpg
    IMG_0507.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0508.jpg
    IMG_0508.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 211
Kurt...did you happen to get any pictures of the Econolines?

So I wonder if my Econoline is the last MCC/Pinner on the road? Any insight or information available? Kurt, I would like to reach out to the guy who bought the one Econoline, if you have his contact. Is he an ambulance guy?

Attachments

• econoline4.jpg
    econoline4.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 198
  • econoline5.jpg
    econoline5.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 195
  • econoline2.jpg
    econoline2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 193
  • econoline3.jpg
    econoline3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 200
Ron,
No, Eric is not an ambulance guy. He buys to re-sell and scraps as a sideline to his normal job. I did give him the PCS membership info as he seems to be very intrigued by some of the rigs that he purchased. I am sending you a PM with his cell number.

He definitely does have the hubcaps for you Ron!!

Last edited:
The Lifeliner looks like many from this area and north. Don't blame the bad storage as much as the cheap steel they used and where it was used. Note way more rust on the right (curb) side where all the salty water lays after a snow/ice storm. The left side in the pictures at least looks easy the right lots of welding and patching. How did the floors survive?

Back