WANTED, Superior Cadillac Parts

Josh Gentry

PCS Member
I am still needing a good set of Cadillac side mirrors for my 71 Superior. 71-76 will work for the drivers side, and 71-73 will work for the pasenger side.

I am also needing all the interior window trim corner pieces in the rear compartment. There should be 4 on each window. 20 on a limo style combo or ambulance, and 12 on a landau coach. These pieces should be the same on a 71-76 Superior Cadillac. These pieces are plastic, and are held on with 2 small screws. See pic below.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Josh

Attachments

• intrim.jpg
    intrim.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 309
dsc03728b.jpg

'71 Superior. Rear side door inner moldings don't look the same. Ambulance glass inner molding stops abruptly along bottom. Is your '71 constructed differently - or do you count differently? ;)

Side mirrors are long gone.

I don't have the car at my house to look at it right now, but it should be the same, I may have miss counted lol. Is this car near you? I may need some other parts off of it also.

Josh

there are two corner pieces on the doors 4 on the rear door and 2 on the side glass the angles throw it off but those years were all right angles on the door anyway. the tin ones at the right angle will fit if you don't find the plastic ones. if I remeber right the rear door is set at angles. I really can't say on the limo glass as I have never had one of them apart.

Thanks Ed. I'd be glad to give you the chance to take one apart. That is whats left to take apart. And your more than welcome to put it all back together.

Josh

I still say the heavy use of plastic will kill the old cars. just like this case. they are all broken. spray plated plastic pieces. find one is a two to one thing.
two broken for ever good one. I suffled them around on the 71 so the broken ones were hidden. then the good one has the plating worn off. but it's not broken

I am still needing 2 good side mirrors for my 71 Superior. I am also still needing the window trim pieces talked about above. I was able to get a couple off the parts car, but still need most of them. For some unknown reason, on the rear side doors on the parts car, they are also plastic instead of tin, and of course broken.

Thanks,
Josh

Attachments

• window trim piece.jpg
    window trim piece.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 134
I am still needing 2 good side mirrors for my 71 Superior. I am also still needing the window trim pieces talked about above. I was able to get a couple off the parts car, but still need most of them. For some unknown reason, on the rear side doors on the parts car, they are also plastic instead of tin, and of course broken.

Thanks,
Josh

How many trim corners do you need? Do you need any other trim?

How many trim corners do you need? Do you need any other trim?
I would like to have all 10 if possable, the plastic ones break so easy, it would be nice to have a couple extra. I don't think I need any other trim at the moment, but of course that is lible to change.

Josh

Thanks Steve. Forgive me for asking, but what is the cabling?

Josh

No forgiveness required!

If your passenger side mirror has the remote control feature, there is a cable running to the driver's side of the dash with a chrome knob used for adjustment.

71 used plastic on there window corners. if you got two off a car you did good. I don't know if the aluminium ones will go on your glass trim or not. they would be worth a try but you have to be careful as some are not square.
keep everything and if nothing else you can 45 them on the crease and glue two good ends together and make one of if them. they tend to only break off one end as they twist. most of the time you have to be really flexible when redoing one of these cars. but everyone else that has one has the same problem.

to be honest with you if neither car has the right remote mirror look for a older one that is not remote. you will need the mount and trim off the donor car to. I'm thing at least one piece of dash trim to. there a pain as you have to pull the top off the dash to rout the cable and fasten it to the side of the instrument panel. i finally got the pieces I need to rout the cable on my 72. I never got it done before I sold it and the cable is still coiled down in the door I'll bet.

Back