Federal 184 Tag Wanted

Jack,
Do you just do them for your own use, or do you do them for others people?? I need 1 and I have a "core".

Jack,
Do you just do them for your own use, or do you do them for others people?? I need 1 and I have a "core".
The pictures I posted are of customers' emblems. I restore emblems that have a raised or sunken surface - no "smooth" surface such as a screen print. I'd like to see a picture of the one you need restored. Feel free to email me at jackramz@att.net. Thanks for the consideration.

My tag was identical in appearance & design to the 184 Power Light tag that you show, but totally smooth. 100% printed.

Many of the original style light badges have been reproduced, and are available on eBay for $25.50 with free shipping. The seller will custom stamp your original numer on the badge for an additional $5.00. He is also planning on having the 184 badge reproduced by the end of the year.
Search for Federal Sign and Signal Model 173 Beacon Ray Replacement Badge , and then look at all his auctions. I know Gary, and he is a good guy that has a very large personal collection of lights and sirens, and also sells many restored and original lights and siren, from his website.

I just purchased the last 6 Federal Sign & Signal Model 18 tags that Gary had. It didn't sound like he is going to be reproducing any more of some of these Federal tags. I would recommend contacting him if you are in need of anything.

Can't understand why, because he seems to be selling them well on eBay. If he sold out, then why wouldn't he make another run of them?
Reminds me of the store that I once went into that had a spinning rack of merchandise that was just about empty. I asked when it was going to be restocked, since there were a few things that I wanted that the pegs were empty. She said that it wasn't going to be restocked, since the items didn't sell. I asked her why the pegs were empty, since she said the items didn't sell. Got that deer in the headlight look from her.

As with so many things, you cannot bank on them always being available...... just because someone started reproducing them. There could be a dozen different reasons as to why he doesn't choose to run some of these specific tags any longer. I have planned on getting 6 of these for almost 2 years, as I have the lights that need them. I screwed around long enough to where I almost lost out. He has not listed the Model 18s on eBay for close to 6 months.

Back