Ohio meet @ Mansfield Reformatory!

Any thoughts on a good campground in the area? Private or state park, doesn't matter. Just safe and clean. Thanks.

There are many good campgrounds within 30 - 45 minutes drive of the Reformatory... but there are none nearby. Mansfield is an old industrial city so the surrounding areas have been developed for years. PM me Kyle if you'd like a few suggestions.

It looks like the Travellodge will be having its own car show in the parking lot the night before the REAL show. I wonder if they are used to having people hang out in the parking lot at night in their lawn chairs.......:D

Another big thank you to Dwayne for all his hard work on this!

Some GREAT updates for the Reformatory show!

1. I had a new "PCS Ohio Chapter" banner made, it's 4' x 6' and will make it's first appearance @ the Reformatory show:

2013-04-29_23-31-29_467_zps969a667a.jpg

2. We will be having a horse-drawn hearse at the show, Wayne & Eileen Schoenecker are bringing one of their horse-drawns and display horses.

3. Mansfield Ambulance are bringing a modern ambulance from their fleet, complete with an on-duty crew. A special bonus... head of operations Tom is bringing his vintage Jeep Scrambler - Horton ambulance.

Plus some more surprises still in the works! Looking forward to seeing everyone there and am very excited to see the attendance for this meet. Thank you everyone who are planning to come from near & far for the Reformatory show

Is there anything planned for Sat ??

your doing a great job Dwayne thanks

Is there anything planned for Sat ??

I am not sure if there is anything official planned for Saturday, but Heather and I plan on being in the area by lunch time at the latest. There is enough to do around the area, we figured we would have a nice lunch out there somewhere and see what we can see. If something official comes up on the agenda, we are game for just about anything.

Several have already said it, but I would like to add my thanks Dwayne! You have put an incredible amount of time and effort into this already and it is still a month away! Your efforts are very much appreciated! This is going to be a great weekend out for quite a few of us! Thank you!

we will be coming into town Friday early evening so we will be looking for things to do and see on sat as well. Hope the Travelodge knows what they are in for ? lol

Just watched Shawshank redemption for the 4th time .can't wait to see the place and take a picture of my Eureka on that long driveway heading up to the prison ! very cool place.

another great prison movie is "Brubaker" staring Robert Redford (1980)

I just made a reservation at the Hampton, the next street over from the Travelodge. (I chase the Hilton/Hampton points.) If things go as planned, I'll be bringing my '60 Eureka, especially for Mike Boyer. Tom

Attachments

• DSC_0458.jpg
    DSC_0458.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 250
Tom

This may be the place and time for a drive in each others 60 Cadillac Hearses !

If all goes well, that is what I will have there.

Darren

No sneakers or shoes in the back of my '60, but Darren, sounds like a good idea. We missed out on doing that in Hudson. Good chance to make up for it. Tom

I have to bring a trailer to bring back all the goods I have bought that I am picking up at this meet so I likely won't have a procar there ! :mad:

I am sad but I will be OK with seeing everyone else's cars and the old prison !
Seeing everyone will be outstanding !

Danny, Dwayne... I am ready for the pick ups and drop off guys !

I will be picking up a ebay purchase in Erie PA on my way down too.
Neat find !

I spoke to PCS member Joe in Fort Erie ON and he will likely head down too.
The more the better !

Maybe the grave Digger will take a couple days off and come along too.

See ya all soon !

I may still have a sprained foot but it won't stop me from come down.
Anything Dwayne is organizing is a must attend.

Darren

I will be staying at the Hampton adjacent to the Travel Lodge. Is there some plan for everyone to meet and dine together Saturday evening??? What time? My '60 Eureka is home now, to be serviced a bit before the trip. Darren, don't forget your '60! Time for the big swap! Tom

Tom, I'm sure we all can all find each other on sat I'm coming in on Friday afternoon, as most of you will be coming in on Sat. we can find a place to have Dinner with a big parking lot !

I just had a new gas tank, sending unit and fuel lines put on the Eureka changing the oil today and giving her a good bath and we are good to go

Last edited:
I have to bring a trailer to bring back all the goods I have bought that I am picking up at this meet so I likely won't have a procar there ! :mad:

Darren

Darren: You NEED to bring drive the 1960 down you can always make another trip to pick what you need to bring home another time !

Back