Hood release cable

I used the search feature but didn't find any threads about this. If it has been discussed before I apologize. Does anyone know the part number of the hood release cable for a 1972 Cadillac? Or better yet where can they be purchased. The 1972 shop manual does not list the part number. We have tried some of the local parts stores but they only have the aftermarket ones. Thank you.

I will check it in the morning when there is natural daylight and I can read the small print in the book...

The aftermarket item in the photos part#03323 would probably work. For those of you that don't know it, the hood release cable on a 1972 Cadillac is separated by a coupling which means there are in fact two pieces of cable that make up the run from the t-handle under the dash to the hood latch. Said coupling is located basically inside the fender out of view or reach. Needless to say I am now in the process of fixing my hood release cable. The plastic tab on the coupling cover was brittle and broke during removal.hood1.jpghood2.jpg

I looked for the parts book, group 8.075 part #200006122. It is called a Hood latch release control.

Back