Rattle-Can Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the recent cruise-in Bill Wright advised me to clean my engine compartment up a bit for the Flint show. So for the past week I've been doing some "Rattle-Can Restoration" on the Lifeliner. I admit is looks better than before but surely has the look of what one would expect from a spray can. Oh well, 2010 will be the year to pull the front off and really get in there.:mad:

Besides, if Dave can paint a car with spray cans I surely can do this and have only used 2 cans of paint compared to over 50 cans Dave used.:eek:

paint is paint. Krylon is made by Sherwin Williams. it is a automotive type paint. all of Eastwood's paints are available in spray cans or quarts with the exception of some engine paint and wrinkle paint. I can get most anything from DuPont in a spray can. the Rustoleum products have been on the market since 1926. the two cars I just detailed were with spray cans. the difference is in the man spraying the can. if you take your time and properly prepare the surface your painting you can get the same results with spray cans as with quarts at a fraction of the cost for paint supplies on a small job. been doing base clear on used cars for a longtime with them. the key with anything is do it right do it once.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back