happy times in a mans life

Status
Not open for further replies.

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
they say there are two great moments in a mans life. one when he gets his car and one when he sells his car. I have had this one for 31 years. discovered that I have put 125 miles on it in the last two years. so it's time to clear out his 22 foot of space in the driveway. we'll head for tx monday with her. hate to see it go but glad I'm getting rid of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 130
think positive

Look at the bright side guys. If the Honda poops out you could always put that on the trailer and pull it with the Olds !:D

Ok now enough of that talk. I had nothing but Internet problems since Friday left for midland tx on Monday so I haven't been able to fill anyone in on my run. yes the Honda can tow. 2000 + to tx and back 13.5 going down grossing 11,550 ran at 70 75 were we could which was most of the way. on the return trip pulling the 1500 trailer full of air we made 18 it was higher elevation in tx then I thought so we ran at right close to 4000 ft the whole way and at 98 deg. enough said about the Honda. thought it was at least a American made truck. but discovered after I got it it was made in the north like the GMC truck I had. learned a couple of things, radial tires will throw the cap even if they look good and have the correct air. lost two. also just what they mean when they say watch for water on the road in Tx. I was reminded that not all junk yards have cars and it's best to clear town before the tornado. Burlington Co wednesday. so the pictures of the trip are here.
http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2009-07-21/06:30:18 along with e stop at carhedge in Alliance Nb

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 89
  • 2009 carhadge Nb.jpg
    2009 carhadge Nb.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 94
Ok now enough of that talk. I had nothing but Internet problems since Friday left for midland tx on Monday so I haven't been able to fill anyone in on my run. yes the Honda can tow. 2000 + to tx and back 13.5 going down grossing 11,550 ran at 70 75 were we could which was most of the way. on the return trip pulling the 1500 trailer full of air we made 18 it was higher elevation in tx then I thought so we ran at right close to 4000 ft the whole way and at 98 deg. enough said about the Honda. thought it was at least a American made truck. but discovered after I got it it was made in the north like the GMC truck I had. learned a couple of things, radial tires will throw the cap even if they look good and have the correct air. lost two. also just what they mean when they say watch for water on the road in Tx. I was reminded that not all junk yards have cars and it's best to clear town before the tornado. Burlington Co wednesday. so the pictures of the trip are here.
http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2009-07-21/06:30:18 along with e stop at carhedge in Alliance Nb

Neat pics Ed. Sure have big frogs in Texas according to that giant one on your windshield. I used to manage a hotel in Amarillo, TX where the Cadillac Ranch is and similar to the "Auto Stonehedge" you've got there.

happy days

I have heard it said that the 2 happiest days of boat ownership are the day you buy and the day you sell. Never heard it said about a car. I am glad to know you had this Olds for so many years. My wife thinks I am the only one that keeps stuff for so long. I have had my Camaro for 40 years now.
Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back