New car

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is either Century or Marquis Custom Coach. I think I may have some literature that'll tell for sure. I'll look for it tomorrow.

Congratulations on yet another interesting addition to the family!

YAAAAAAY.....another Lincoln owner! Congrats on your new purchase. I can say from the picture that Paul sent me that its NOT an S&S

Is this her twin?

I haven't found the literature yet, but I did find these photos Bernie DeWinter sent me about 20 years ago. He and I discussed this car back then, but I don't remember much other than we were intrigued by the rear door handle being "concealed" in the belt-line moulding and the door lock cylinder was under the Lincoln emblem in the center of the door.

I want to say this car was at a livery service in Ohio. Near Columbus or Cleveland maybe ?

Still thinking it was a Century or Marquis. Federal didn't start building hearses until late '89 as 1990 models.

Attachments

• 87_lincoln_1 001.jpg
    87_lincoln_1 001.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 87_lincoln_2 001.jpg
    87_lincoln_2 001.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 104
Note the slightly different roof treatment at the back door between these two cars that look almost identical..

Attachments

• 87_lincoln.jpg
    87_lincoln.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 87_lincolnB.jpg
    87_lincolnB.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 81
Pics

I'll take some better pictures this weekend. It's currently at the shop getting the fuel pump sorted out - and 5 new tires.

vary close cars so they must be the same builder but the one in Bernies collection as 2 opera lights one on each pillar. Matt's has one on the c and a badge on the b. but the door handle treatment says they are the same maker.

Collection

I now have a Professional Car collection that consists of 5 different Chassis manufacturers:
Ford (1)
Lincoln (1)
Pontiac (4)
Oldsmobile (1)
and
Cadillac (the rest!)

This Lincoln has power locks, including the rear door. There is no door lock cylinder underneath the emblem on the loading door.

I now have a Professional Car collection that consists of 5 different Chassis manufacturers:
Ford (1)
Lincoln (1)
Pontiac (4)
Oldsmobile (1)
and
Cadillac (the rest!)

This Lincoln has power locks, including the rear door. There is no door lock cylinder underneath the emblem on the loading door.

Now you need a Chevy!

Congrats on the new coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back