NOS Superior Ambulance Roof Sign

The old originals were always reverse-painted, like this one. If you are just wanting a "blank, just get a piece of Plexiglas cut to size.

Is there a source for new blanks, I need one for the front of my 70 Superior rescuer.

Denny, as Kurt says. I had a local sign shop make several for me. They used the original as a template, and reverse labelled them with translucent lettering. They turned out great. Best of success.

The plastic is readily available, however, the translucent paint it expensive, and if the sign shop doesn't have any in stock, they will want to charge you the cost of the paint, since they have no idea when the next sign job is going to come in. Translucent paint isn't used much in signs today. I dropped off the lenses from my 1978 Superior at the sign shop about 5 years ago, and they have yet to make them. They are waiting for another job to come in, and then they will purchase the paint. If I want them "now", I will have to pay the price of all the paint, even though I would only be using about 10% of the can. Until the car is finished, I am in no rush. If I never finish the car, then the next owner will.

........and many sign shops will not mess with the reverse painted signs at all. My local sign shop wouldn't do it. They will just try to talk you into using lettering(decals) on the outside.

Yup. Same seller. I am sure that this is Gene Knisely Jr. selling these. I purchased 2 of each of these from him a couple years ago. They, supposedly, purchased the remaining inventory of parts, etc. from Superior Coach many years ago. Steve Loftin may be able to give us more history on this.

Back