1948 Ford Seibert Hearse

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1948-Ford-Other-Hearse-/172512565822

Neat old piece in need of complete resto.
67,066 miles
Located in Fairfax VA by a '0' rated seller
$6100 bid to date with 10500 BIN figure

RARE 1948 Ford Siebert Hearse! Only 67,066 miles!

This rare 1948 Ford Siebert Hearse is a great find! This car runs with a jump. Body is in great condition, interior needs restoration. A lot of parts are still in the back of car. This would make an awesome project car, great hot rod material.

KEYS PRESENT. CAR RUNS AND DRIVES! Clean title.

The buyer can pick up the car at our Fairfax, Virginia location (zip code 22030). Depending on the buyer's location, drop-off may be possible. Full payment must be made when car is picked-up or delivered. CASH ONLY DEAL PLEASE. Open to negotiation and best offers.

This vehicle is sold "as is" with all faults and is NOT covered by any dealer warranty of any type. This dealer is NOT required to make any repairs, inspections, or refunds after purchase of vehicle. The purchaser is responsible for any and all repairs and/or inspections relating to above vehicle. The dealer assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements made about the vehicle.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 217
Fresh from copart. Sticker still on windshield.

Surprised that you didn't buy it from Copart. Is there any way to know how much it originally sold for? I assume that it was probably a charitable donation car.

I am pretty sure that it did Ed. Tough to sell one when it's been gutted. No patterns left to use in a correct restoration.

Did not this one show last year. I'm thinking it was posted

It shows up a lot. If you don't include Copart, I think this seller is the third or fourth owner in the last two years. It's also traveled more in those two years than I have. The first seller in 2015 was a Ford collector in NJ, who had owned this car for many years. He put it on eBay, and I actually almost bought the car from him after the listing ended (for a lot less than the current auction price, and very little has changed in those two years). I was told it stayed in NJ afterwards, and then it later showed up at DeAngelo Auto Sales in Exeter, PA, with a BIN price of $18K! After many unsuccessful eBay listings, they still couldn't sell it for BIN of $8500. It stopped showing up online then, and I guess they eventually unloaded it on someone. Now it's in VA, for sale yet again.

Back