Carpet Kits

Mark Trask

PCS Member
Hi Professional Car Owners,
I am considering replacing the cracked and broken pebble rubber flooring in the '65 Superior Combo. I have a company out here called "Original Parts Group" that offers period correct loop carpet kits for Cadillac. Do any of you know whether these kits would work in a Superior built commercial chassis?
Somewhere I remember reading that the width of the car increases at the front doors. Your expertise is appreciated.
Mark

Carpert

Hi Professional Car Owners,
I am considering replacing the cracked and broken pebble rubber flooring in the '65 Superior Combo. I have a company out here called "Original Parts Group" that offers period correct loop carpet kits for Cadillac. Do any of you know whether these kits would work in a Superior built commercial chassis?
Somewhere I remember reading that the width of the car increases at the front doors. Your expertise is appreciated.
Mark

OPG is just a reseller ,here is one source Rock Auto also is a good source ,If not sure of the color ask for a sample. I have always got the carpet for a 4 door deville ,you end up with some extra but a set for a 2 door might work also but I have never tried a 2dr set. The carpet has enough width for trimming purposes to work in a pro car. You can get it with a mass backing that really helps with noise/ heat. A good upholstery shop usually has steamer and can make it fit great. :my2cents:

I would suggest a cut pile, such as the Essex, since with loop pile carpet, it will tend to wear and show. The cut pile is correct for Cadillac cars, since it was what was originally installed in the Fleetwood. This is what both Dan and myself have used in the past. Also, if you Google "rock auto discount coupon", you can get a 5% discount on your order.

Attachments

• MVC-008L.JPG
    MVC-008L.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 120
you will find that the transmission hump is smaller on the CC cars then a standard one. so one will end up with a little extra there. if they will let you get the front half from a 4 door sedan will save a few bucks.

Back