alternating flasher problem

Mark Jordan

PCS Member
Can anyone tell me how many 35W lights can be run off a single alternating flasher unit? I had 4 lights wired originally (and working) then added 2 front tunnel lights. They all worked fine for a while and now no power goes through the flasher unit. It has 2 out terminals with 3 lights to each. Did I overload the unit or did it just go bad? Anyone have a suggestion on where to get a replacement? Thanks

Can anyone tell me how many 35W lights can be run off a single alternating flasher unit? I had 4 lights wired originally (and working) then added 2 front tunnel lights. They all worked fine for a while and now no power goes through the flasher unit. It has 2 out terminals with 3 lights to each. Did I overload the unit or did it just go bad? Anyone have a suggestion on where to get a replacement? Thanks

This is the flasher I used on my Lifeliner replacing the old style one on the fire wall. "X" is power in and the "L" go to the hot side of the light. 150 watts should handle your load easily.

Fkasher001.jpg

Fkasher002.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Q0clrCn50[/ame]

Thanks Richard. The picture really helped. I picked one up a NOS unit on eBay and will see how things go. Thanks again.

you do have to match the unit up with the load. but most Likely the other two were enough to put the old unit out of commision.

you also need to balance the load on both sides of the flasher for it to work correctly. This is why I like the Cole Hersee motorized flasher, it doesn't care if the load is balance, unlike the thermal flashers.

Back