1966-68 Cadillac Hearse

I am finally in the market for a hearse. I am seeking a 1966-1968 Cadillac Hearse. My preference is 1968 (in love with the stacked headlights) but for the right car and price i could go above 68 (up to 76)

Im not looking to do a ton of restoration work, but i dont need it to have a pristine paint job. But i do know that owning a hearse means i will undoubtedly have to at some point do some work.

Im looking for something that runs decent, has a straight body and isnt completely rusted out. And i know sometimes that is asking alot.

Its only fair i tell you what i plan to do with it though. Rest assured i am not going to butcher it or mess with its physical integrity like so many sad projects.

First of all if its not black i will be repainting it (professionally, not one of those ugly self sprays).

I will then be having it "spot" wrapped, meaning rather than full wrap im going to apply several vinyl decals on the side. Thats really about it.

I own a christian metal internet radio station, and i hope to use it as an alternative outreach tool at conventions, possibly one day even at hearsecon. No it wont be a vomit-inducing Jesus-mobile. I do have mockup pictures and have had 13 years to plan it, just never had the money till now.

A friend in Southern Minnesota has this '68 M-M and may be interested in selling it. Let me know if it is one that you would like more info on.

Attachments

• matts place jan. 2012 262 (2).jpg
    matts place jan. 2012 262 (2).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 441
  • matts place - flower car & more 033 (2).jpg
    matts place - flower car & more 033 (2).jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 404
  • Matts cars 110 (2).jpg
    Matts cars 110 (2).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 413
  • Matts cars 102.jpg
    Matts cars 102.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 406
Thanks Kurt I would absolutely be interested in more information on this one. I see theres alot of parts in the back. Hopefully the laundaus are back there. Looks to be in pretty good shape.

I'd like to see pics from a few more angles if possible.

Also would like to know if it runs and how well, and on a deeper level how the rust situation is.

The landau bars are in the back. I will connect you with the owner. No sense in my being in the middle of it.

Blake, you may already know, but the 1965 Cadillacs have the same headlight configuration and similar styling as the 66, 67 and 68 Cadillacs... if you need to widen your search...

I just picked up another project and on the fence about selling the 65 to generate some cash and space for it. Give me a call if interested 760-247-3693 O rust 3 way Crown Sovereign with electric table and a/c . I put in anew windshield that does not show in these pics other than that extremely solid coach. Thanks

Attachments

• DSC03964.jpg
    DSC03964.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 385
  • DSC03963.jpg
    DSC03963.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 397
  • DSC03965.jpg
    DSC03965.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC03959.jpg
    DSC03959.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC03968.jpg
    DSC03968.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC03969.jpg
    DSC03969.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC03970.jpg
    DSC03970.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC03960.jpg
    DSC03960.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 398
I just picked up another project and on the fence about selling the 65 to generate some cash and space for it. Give me a call if interested 760-247-3693 O rust 3 way Crown Sovereign with electric table and a/c . I put in anew windshield that does not show in these pics other than that extremely solid coach. Thanks

Daniel, that looks good. I may be interested. I may have to give you a call. I dont own a trailer so my main concern is whether it would be sound enough to drive from Cali to Oklahoma

Almost any car that you purchase that is of that vintage, isn't safe to drive across country, until it is serviced and all systems checked and / or replaced. Unless you are very mechanically inclined, you should have it delivered, rather than gambling on a cross country trek with a 50+ year old car.

Almost any car that you purchase that is of that vintage, isn't safe to drive across country, until it is serviced and all systems checked and / or replaced. Unless you are very mechanically inclined, you should have it delivered, rather than gambling on a cross country trek with a 50+ year old car.

True, I made the mistake of filling out an online quote for car shipping. Got 7 phone calls within a minute. This is going to be fun

True, I made the mistake of filling out an online quote for car shipping. Got 7 phone calls within a minute. This is going to be fun

And every one of them wanted a deposit up front! Stay away from any online shippers, because they will lie to you, promise you the world, and deliver nothing of value in the end, except for the bitter lesson of loosing your money. Stick with established transporters that will handle your car with respect, and deliver it for the price that they quoted you. I have had lots of experience with car transport, and some has been good, and some not so good. Problem is that today, the industry has gotten more corrupt people entering it for a quick buck.

And every one of them wanted a deposit up front! Stay away from any online shippers, because they will lie to you, promise you the world, and deliver nothing of value in the end, except for the bitter lesson of loosing your money. Stick with established transporters that will handle your car with respect, and deliver it for the price that they quoted you. I have had lots of experience with car transport, and some has been good, and some not so good. Problem is that today, the industry has gotten more corrupt people entering it for a quick buck.

Actually they all left voicemails asking me to call for my quote. As opposed to just leaving me the quote on the voicemail, or better yet emailing me. Seems they are a little evasive about estimating a quote without talking on the phone.

Currently have my eye on a 69 for 6500. If I can find shipping for 700 then I might be able to pull it off. Otherwise I may have to let it go. Only other option would be finding a friend that could tow it, but I dont think I know anyone.

And you can be sure, next to none of them know what a hearse is or how big one is. And when they find out, they will want to charge you for the price or hauling 2 cars.

My trailer hauler (two Cars) just stupidly bought an 05 Crown Vic LX Sport from a Ford dealer in Cincinatti Ohio. I told him take a Greyhound and sleep alot. NO he was going on line and get it hauled CHEAP! Quote $300.00 distance around 800 miles Through one of the big brokers. Took five weeks to arrive and additional $65.00 charge for tolls. Still cheaper than go and get and he grossed around $2500.00 hauling locally for me and others. BUT the Ford dealer missdiscribed the car he would not have bought it if he saw it. Dealer thumbed his nose at my guy so there you have it, BUYER BEWARE!

Actually they all left voicemails asking me to call for my quote. As opposed to just leaving me the quote on the voicemail, or better yet emailing me. Seems they are a little evasive about estimating a quote without talking on the phone.

Currently have my eye on a 69 for 6500. If I can find shipping for 700 then I might be able to pull it off. Otherwise I may have to let it go. Only other option would be finding a friend that could tow it, but I dont think I know anyone.

Put the $700 towards having the car made roadworthy, and take a Greyhound (bus, not dog) to where the car is, and drive it home.

A friend of mine in Beltsville, MD just had an inop '64 Dodge 880 sedan parts car transported from Spencer, IA to his shop in MD for $600. I believe he just put it out on UShip. (MD is Maryland, for those geographically challenged)

I vote with Paul get a small tool kit, the top shelf AAA membership. a good cell phone. and names and phone #s of PCS members along the route. Ride the bus and on the return trip no land speed records. Spend the $700.00 to make it roadworthy the Cadillacs were good road machines. One of my friends Aunt left him a 70 six cylinder Nova in Central Ca. He had more $$$ flew to Ca. rented a car bought a new battery got the Nova running. Had it serviced returned the rental car and headed East. He told me before he left he was going to use NO interstate highways. Trip took him five days he said he had a blast and would do it again.

Thanks for all the helpful information. I spoke with Daniel yesterday and I thought that over these last 13 years I had really come to know alot about hearses but you guys are on another level. I'm glad to be here and appreciate all the pointers.

My primary concern with driving isnt necessarily the age of the car but is mostly my own ability to stay awake. But with that said I DO plan to take this to conventions at some point so sooner or later I will have to take it on a long trip.

I am still waiting to hear back with more info about the 69 I found on CL, I am hoping that works out, but I keep telling myself I need to be more patient but then the other part of me says "youve been patient for 13 years"

Waiting for more info on this one:
https://southcoast.craigslist.org/atq/d/1969-cadillac-hearse/6349047747.html

Last edited:
Back