'56 Miller Cadillac Ambulance

That is a deserving project for someone with very deep pockets. Lots of chrome, and finding the aluminum bumper ends is next to impossible today. I guess that if they are still there in pieces, you could have them re-casted. I can see an minimum $5000 in the restoration of the drivers compartment, with much of the cost being the dash pad, and leather for the seat and door panels, plus the labor cost. If I were to put an estimate on this for restoration, I would put it at $50,000 and wouldn't be surprised if it hit $75,000. If you can do the mechanical work yourself, you could take $10,000 - $15,000 off of that figure, with 50% of that cost being parts. I see this as a worthwhile project, taking at least 5 years to complete. Now, if I were 25 or 30 years younger, I would consider it. Looks like a good candidate, since the body is solid, and all the glass is there.

Very nice! Definitley a hard road to restore to original. Even so, you could definitely make a respectable rig out of her. It might not be 100% original but as long as you save it as an ambulance you are saving it from someone who will cut it up and ruin it for good. Hope it sells.

looks like one rear bumper end in the back an on on the drivers seat. easy 50,000. if both ends are there it's all there and still mostly together. the big killer on these is the plating. but it would surprise you just how good it would look if someone just turned the guarding hose to it inside and out.

Back