Wanted - side door 95 Eureka

Well,

looks like it's time to start fixing the coach. I have a 95 Buick Eureka. And it has the wonderful "Accu-built Rust" Syndrome.

Talking to 4 different body shops so far, the quote just to strip and repaint the 2 side doors is double the value of the car. 2 places have asked if a new or less-damaged door skin might be available.

How would someone find something like that? It's not new enough to call Accu-built and get a replacement. But it's not old enough to have many (or any?) in junk yards.

it would be a make your own kind of thing. most shops don't like to tie there stall up with that kind of repair. I'd say send them out but that's more money then it's worth to. you best bet is to find some one that will do them after hours. may take a bit longer but it will be a lot cheaper.

you might try Carl @ CW Coach for a door! Another option would be to talk to the guy who does my bodywork up here in the SEattle area OR..see if any vocational schools offer a course in bodywork and see if they want the project

Well, I had given up on this for a while, but just recently began looking at it again. The rust is getting bad, and I'd rather preserve the car if there's any chance. I see that Carl (CW) has a complete car for much MUCH less than the body shop quotes I got.

Does anyone happen to know if the doors between ALL Accubilt coaches in the 91-96 range are interchangeable? I ask because mine's a Buillac and Carl's is a regular Caddy. I'm also having a problem with the loading doors opening (they won't... at all. Not even after unlocking them- haha). So I was wondering if I could just swap them like a collision shop would?

Back