1935 V12 Carved Panel, or what is left of one

from the description I would bet it was used as a farm wagon for a few years and the back side was just cut off. that long wheel base and low top would be just the thing for getting the harvest out with out damaging the trees.

I'm no expert, but it looks too short to be a commercial chassis. Look how short the distance is front the back of the front door to the rear fender. It's only about the length of the rear door.

$_3.JPG

$_3.JPG

For comparison, look how long these same era Packards' commercial wheelbases are and the long gap between the door and fender. And if you look at page 165 in McPherson's black book, there is a '35 Cadillac built by Eureka. Take a look at the length of that coach.

5426261396_7ff4247057_z.jpg

37-Packard-12-Art-Carved-Hearse-DV-09_GG_a03.jpg

did caddy have a commercial chassis in 35? or were they all stretched. Packard had one ready to go that was why Henny used it. the other builders were still doing pieces from this manufacture and that one to assemble a car using some one else's body. most of these practices were over with by the late 30's. but even up to the age of this car there were local shops turning out one offs. so take it with a grain and you may never know the whole story. with the divider it could have been a limo. either way it was cut up for some other use then left to sit in the trees. has she been out here it would most likely been converted into a hay sweep. right now it looks to be a parts source for another project. but still you want to sell it how much work would it be to drag it out hose it off and take some clear pictures of it.

Looks like it was an open front town car to me. In fact I'm certain. Especially being mounted on the V-12 chassis, as most Cadillac pro-cars of the era were V-8's or mounted on the less costly LaSalle chassis. This was the height of the depression remember.
Also as previously mentioned the 153" wheelbase is a bit to short- I bet if it were measured correctly it would come out to 146" which is the factory length for a V-12.

Back