IMG_3379.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_3380.jpg
    IMG_3380.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_3381.jpg
    IMG_3381.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 455
Interior seems to be in nice shape. Now, to me the speakers are mounted on the wrong sides causing them to face outwards a bit.

Interesting in that it has power windows and a brown dash. Most M-Ms had black dashes. Typical M-M for those years with "swollen" lower doors and panels.

Interesting in that it has power windows and a brown dash. Most M-Ms had black dashes. Typical M-M for those years with "swollen" lower doors and panels.

The power door windows tell me that this had to have been a special order for a customer, and that the chassis was probably special ordered for this one build from Cadillac, otherwise, it would have had a black dash. Power windows are an extremely rare item on any commercial chassis car other than a limousine.

While I don't have printed resources in front of me at the moment, I'll go on record by saying I believe power windows were standard on Miller-Meteor professional cars, beginning in 1975. The reason I state this is twofold: Off the top of my head, every '75 M-M Cadillac ambulance I can think of, including the two parked in our garage, has power windows. Second, I recall the options being a bit odd when it came to the Criterions:

In 1974, the Criterion came with standard power driver's bucket seat, but manual windows. In 1975 and 1976, you got power windows, but a manual driver's bucket seat, due to the swivel feature. (The front bucket seats in a 1974 Criterion are different than those of a 1975 or '76 model.)

As for the brown dash, I've seen several in 1974-76 Miller-Meteor ambulances. In fact, a 1976 Lifeliner, bought new by Carteret, NJ First Aid Squad has a brown dash, despite the rest of the interior being blue. My favorites, though, were a pair of '74 Lifeliners ordered new by Murphy Ambulance Service in St. Cloud, MN. Both were equipped with red dashes (even though the exteriors were orange and white!)

My '74 M-M Lifeliner is fairly loaded up with equipment, but has crank windows and a black dash. Remainder of the interior is brown as is this one. The cruise control is a nice option on this one as well! It seems so strange seeing one of these with no tunnell lights!

Last edited:
Looks to me like the doors and fenders have been swapped out. Those doors look plenty rough!

The doors and hood and other parts were swapped out from a southern parts car. The top was stripped and repainted and all the mechanics are done including a new transmission. The car runs and drives great. It does need the lower body done as you can see in the pictures. There is some rust in the rear bumper but a perfect rust free one is included. Greg purchased it from a hospital in Iowa 23 years ago just out of service but is now selling it because he lost his storage space.

the description on face book said work in progress. top has been painted lower half needs done. if you were looking for one it would be of interest. but at that dollar amount it would be one I wanted to see in person. if it is as good as the pictures say it would be OK. if not mechanical or body wise you paying a lot of money that could go into restoration for the basic car. but still if it a modal you want and the interior is a good as it looks you can just assume you paying for the interior. it will cost you that much to redo one.

M/m Lifeliner

The doors and hood and other parts were swapped out from a southern parts car. The top was stripped and repainted and all the mechanics are done including a new transmission. The car runs and drives great. It does need the lower body done as you can see in the pictures. There is some rust in the rear bumper but a perfect rust free one is included. Greg purchased it from a hospital in Iowa 23 years ago just out of service but is now selling it because he lost his storage space.

Do you know if it is a 75 or 76 for sure? In Ca that one year makes a big difference as you have to smog 76,s but 75 and down none is required. Thanks

Back