Non pro-car fire station question

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is an easy way to find out station numbers?

A local structure fire called out 5 stations and 1 to "watch the city" this afternoon. An EMT friend of mine e-mailed me the 6 station numbers, but didn't tell me the cities. He is currently at work, so I can't call him to find out the cities.

Mercer County Pennsylvania stations 93, 86, 99, 75 and 88 responded and station 82 was called in to "watch the city" as he put it. I know that 93 is my home city of Hermitage and 86 is Patagonia which is part of Hermitage.

I've googled several different combinations of the county and state and the station numbers with no help. I have found several listings of stations, but not with station numbers.

Well, I google'd about everything I could think of without success. Most firefighters and EMT's know the station numbers in their counties, so just ask your buddy or someone else in the fire department. You could even stop by your local firehouse, someone there should be able to help you.

Is there an emergency or fire department equipment sales company in the county? If there is, they would probably have a list for scanner buffs.

Thanks Steve!

It sounds like you went through everything that I did looking for the numbers. My friend was off work today and I hit him up for the numbers. I have a feeling that he knew that I dodn't know and sent them just to mess with me (what a good friend, right?). Sometimes when he is at work, he calls me when he has a couple of minutes in the station, but I won't call him unless it is an emergency, because I never know where he might be. It would be my luck, I would call him and he would be in the middle of CPR or keeping some guy from bleeding to death or something. That wouldn't be good.

Believe it or not, a friend on the diecast forum that I frequent put me on to this site... http://www.wpascanner.com/wiki/index.php?title=PA:Mercer_County#Fire. The police listings are first at the top of the page and fire departments are right under them if you visit the site. He is involved with the fire departments up around Erie Pennsylvania. That site gave me all the information that I was looking for and more.

There are a lot of guys on the Matchbox Collectors Community Hall (MCCH) that are involved with emergency services that I figured that either someone here or someone there would be able to help. Again, thanks for looking.

... but I won't call him unless it is an emergency, because I never know where he might be. It would be my luck, I would call him and he would be in the middle of CPR or keeping some guy from bleeding to death or something. That wouldn't be good....
Ahh, that's nice of you. I don't mind if someone calls me at work if I'm not busy. But people do call me all the time during calls - no way they could know. I just ignore the call. That's what voice mail is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back