Help needed!

Rick Duffy

PCS Past President 2010 - 2012
To whom it may concern,

As some of you know, I was able to buy Captain Video's (Dave McCammey's) 1957 MM Paramount ambulance about a year and 1/2 ago.:thumbsup:

After much thinking and in keeping with our goal of historic preservation, restoration and appreciation... I have decided to model the car after the Chicago Fire Department of the day.

I was able to view one (somewhat blurry) photograph on the Northlands Website. The car looks VERY AWESOME!:cool:

Although the pictured vehicle was a MM Futura, it looks like my Paramount will work out for this purpose.

The only other vehicle I've seen over the years, was Bob Parson's 1965 Superior that was painted CFD and had the Mars lights on the fenders. I'm not sure who has that car today... maybe Steve Loftin?

What I'm looking for are pictures (preferably color) of CFD ambulances of the day and any information about equipment, lettering, FD specifications, communications, uniforms etc. regarding the vehicle history.

If anyone knows an "Historian" that has expertise in CFD specific to ambulances, I'd be greatful for contact information.

As always, thank you in advance for your assistance and support at helping me to recreate this wonderful pro-car!

Onward and upward!:D

Rick

1965 Superior Cadillac Ambulance

The only other vehicle I've seen over the years, was Bob Parson's 1965 Superior that was painted CFD and had the Mars lights on the fenders. I'm not sure who has that car today... maybe Steve Loftin?

I believe Tim Fantin is currently the proud owner of Bob Parson's former (and MOST impressive!) '65 Superior Cadillac Royale ambulance, Rick ... http://www.northlandpcs.com/northland_members/fantin.htm

Back