'47 Chrysler Crown Imperial Formal Limo!

Did a quick search and found the same car and some figures and info on the car. No breakdown on production by model found but I would bet very few division window cars sold. Below is what was found. 1947 CHRYSLER CROWN IMPERIAL C-40 LIMOUSINE. This classic looking four-door limousine has a bench front seat with single bench back seat with mounted foot rest, privacy divider glass and loads of room. Simulated burl wood trim, and electric windows which were new to the world at that time. odometer reading 59850; Vin # 7810200. Last inspected per the license plate in 1988 and vehicle registration certificate. Straight 8. Research indicates 750 were produced. Black paint with chrome trim. SIZE: 235" l; 78" w; 68" h. PROVENANCE: Barnard Estate of Augusta, Maine. CONDITION: We have not had the car running, this car was used extensively by the previous owner in Augusta, Maine parades and for personal touring. The two side windows are down and the window motor makes noise but it appears the windows are unhooked. There is some rust at the edges & on chrome parts, no evidence of accident from an outside cursory look.

In other words your buying a none running car with problems. Sounds !Ike a barn find. But if you want top dollar out of the car don't you have it running and minor problems resolved?

In other words your buying a none running car with problems. Sounds !Ike a barn find. But if you want top dollar out of the car don't you have it running and minor problems resolved?

John - Non-running? The ad specifically says: "Here is a luxurious blast from the past! This 1947 Chrysler crown imperial is an amazing survivor. Chryslers flagship line limo. Interior and paint are original, car runs and drives well. Fluid drive shifts smooth". I don't know where you got the impression that this was a non-runner. Looks to be in great condition so...I don't think it's a "Barn Find" either. It is, however, rather pricey.

Post two was copy pulled off the internet from a sale in 2011 showing the then condition of the Imperial. WITH INFORMATION ABOUT IT. Showing history and the conditin then. This is not to reflect on the current seller or sale. In fact looks like the current owner did a good job of bringing it back.

Back