Update on Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Richard,
Update on Dave. Looks like he will try to come see the Lifeliner at the Carnation Festival if Terri and I make it.

Richard

Thanks for your complete updates. The ambulance looks great, even to a non-collector like me.

Dave is still progressing. He is walking with a support cane and a sweep cane for the blind. I have applied to have him transferred to an assisted living facility in his home town of Berea, and we are waiting for an answer. I am still not happy with his vision. It is 20/400 and I can't get a straight answer from his doctor on how much more improvement he can get. I will plan to to go to the library with him soon where he can see your videos.

Please give me the dates of the Alliance festival in August and I will try to get Dave there to see you and the machine.

Thanks again. Peter

glad he is at least now able to get out. most of the victims of violent crimes are forgotten. he sounds like he has some good friends. he most likly has a ton of information on the stuff he put in the car and why. it should make for a nice meeting.

I am very happy to hear that Dave is improving! Dave's vision has numbers similar to mine, I am legally blind and have always been. The hard part for Dave is that he had good vision. I am certain that Dave is having a difficult time adjusting to his new, poor vision, but he will adjust.

Keep the faith Dave, you have been in many people's prayers.

Thanks for the update Richard.

Dave still has a long way to go, but the news that he is up and about is great. As was mentioned, it sounds like he has a very good support system in place and with friends like that, He will never be forgotten. They will keep up with him all his life. I really do hope that he makes it to the Carnation Festival. It makes it that much more pressing for me to get my butt over there this year.

Chuck

I was going through some photos last evening and came upon this image of Dave and his Lifeliner (now Richard's) taken at the 1988 PCS Meet in Decatur, IL. Those who were there remember that "show day" was cloudy and rainy, so the judging took place under the hotel's front portico. Dave's Lifeliner had just been judged when he posed the car for photographers. I caught this "grab shot" of him exiting the car.

I first met Captain Video at that meet. Somehow, PCS meets just aren't quite the same without meeting Dave clad with all his "gear" coming the other way down the hall or across the parking lot...

Attachments

• Copy of dave 001.jpg
    Copy of dave 001.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 115
I was going through some photos last evening and came upon this image of Dave and his Lifeliner (now Richard's) taken at the 1988 PCS Meet in Decatur, IL. .

That is certainly a GREAT looking car and glad to be able to add another picture of my Lifeliner to the collection.

Thanks Tony.

Richard

PS: Looks better without air horns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back