A Big Suprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Shepard

Website Administrator / Past President - Golden St
Super Site Supporter
I received a suprise phone call this week from an organizer of the Palo Alto Concours d'Elegance, informing me that I had been choosen to attend their car show at Stanford University on June 28. The caller went on to say that all entry fees have been waived for my Criterion, and I could bring another person with me at no cost. When I asked how I had been selected, they said my car had been seen at another event (Salute to American Graffiti) and they tracked me down to invite me. This event is on par with the concours d'elegance held at Pebble Beach, and I'm still in shock after being invited.

http://www.paconcours.com/

Robert Shepard
President
Golden State Chapter

1975 Miller-Meteor Criterion Ambulance
1976 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner Ambulance

I received a suprise phone call this week from an organizer of the Palo Alto Concours d'Elegance, informing me that I had been choosen to attend their car show at Stanford University on June 28. The caller went on to say that all entry fees have been waived for my Criterion, and I could bring another person with me at no cost. When I asked how I had been selected, they said my car had been seen at another event (Salute to American Graffiti) and they tracked me down to invite me. This event is on par with the concours d'elegance held at Pebble Beach, and I'm still in shock after being invited.

http://www.paconcours.com/

Robert Shepard
President
Golden State Chapter

1975 Miller-Meteor Criterion Ambulance
1976 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner Ambulance

Good Job Robert

Russ

it's the yellow becons in the rear. that and the fact thay you keep the car as nice as you do. way to go. makes me proud to be in the golden state chapter.

it's the yellow becons in the rear. that and the fact thay you keep the car as nice as you do. way to go. makes me proud to be in the golden state chapter.

I'm sure that my Criterion was noticed due to your outstanding nine month restoration effort that brought it back to a high level condition. Now if I could only get you out here to help me detail it before the show.....

That's great, Robert. Good job. That's a great way to get the word out about the hobby and the PCS in a very public event!

And good job, too, to Ed for getting it restored so it attracts so much attention.

And best of all.......it's from Maryland! :eek::D
Make sure you mention that, and make sure you spell it correctly, please!

Congratulations Robert! I think our cars are starting to see legitimacy in the regular car collector world. Maybe because people are seeing we are not ghouls or freaks.......well at least most of us........at least the ones on this site.;)

I was invited to the Hemmings Concourse de Elegance last fall, but was not able to attend because of illness. Only differance was that it was my 1964 Corvair that was invited, not any of my pro cars...

Attachments

• Corvair2.jpg
    Corvair2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 104
1964 Corvair

I was invited to the Hemmings Concourse de Elegance last fall, but was not able to attend because of illness. Only differance was that it was my 1964 Corvair that was invited, not any of my pro cars

I had car like that once.... Then I got a job.:rolleyes:

Congratulations!

This is great news! I don't want to give your "passenger seat spot" away, but you were invited to bring one guest. How cool would this be:

"Beautifully restored 1975 Miller-Meteor Cadillac Criterion ambulance dispayed by the gentleman who proudly owns it and the gentleman who proudly restored it."

Hewy & Ruth Wick

I also understand that Hewy & Ruth Wick's (our old) 1956 Meteor-Cadillac Ambulance (X-Moffat County Memorial Hospital / Craig, CO) was also selected to be there waiving the same fees etc. (*) They have accepted and are also quite honored! MM

I also understand that Hewy & Ruth Wick's (our old) 1956 Meteor-Cadillac Ambulance (X-Moffat County Memorial Hospital / Craig, CO) was also selected to be there waiving the same fees etc. (*) They have accepted and are also quite honored! MM

This is great news! I know I will be in good company with Hewy and Ruth. I still trying to figure out how the organizers of the event tracked us down. I know my Criterion was spotted by them at another event, but how they found me is another question. How they knew of the 1956 Meteor is another thing. The collector car hobby must have its own CIA.

National shoe convention

Even more odd....was a couple of years ago Hewy & Ruth's same '56 Cadillac Ambulance was selected, requested and paid a handsome daily fee to sit (inside the lobby) of one of the upper crust hotels + transportation to and from Las Vegas for the National Shoe Convention. (*) Figure out what an Ambulance had to do with that, but it did in one of the organizers eyes! (**) I asked "H&R" if Al & Peggy Bundie were there with the kids, but they weren't!

As far as how they know..... at least in the So-Cal Area there are "scouts" out all the time from the movie car rental industry. They regularily attend Lou's American Heros event and annual large vintage police car shows (like Ripon, CA) taking pictures and walking around with a clipboard noting names and contact numbers.

In LA, being a friend of Lou, Kevin-O and Joe Ortiz helps too as I believe they are contacted all the time for "specific" cars and fire apparatus of all types. MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back