73 Caddy Front Group

Daniel Scully

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
Has anyone tried to put a front clip from a 72 on a 73? I be live fenders are the same so the hood gril and bumper needs to be changed. 73 is the first year for the front impact bumper. A quick look in the local yards it looks like I need core support out , grill and bumpers and hood. Thanks

they are all different. it could be done but you would need to change the fram hornes to mount the bumper. the hollenders say fenders are the same 71-73. core suport is 1 and 2 with 3 being by it's self aand the hood is 73-74. if that helps the bumpers mount on the end of the frame different because of the shocks. one get that figured out I'm sure they would bolt on.

Attachments

• 1971 superior 6.JPG
    1971 superior 6.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 1973 S&S e-bay picture 1.jpg
    1973 S&S e-bay picture 1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 288
if that helps the bumpers mount on the end of the frame different because of the shocks. one get that figured out I'm sure they would bolt on.

Thanks Ed but what I think might make it possible is 73 has a bracket that comes off the frame rail from the side for the bumper shocks. ,it looks like a adapt ion of the 72 frame 74-76 the end of the frame horn is different. The mount for the bumper shock, comes straight out verses the 73 frame rail that looks like the same as a 72. When I have some time I ,am going to hit the pick and pull yards and compare. :)

Way back when I had my body shop we did it on a 73. I switched the full clip from a 71 donar. If you pull all the brackets for the gas shocks the 71-72 bumper plates should line up.
*****NOTE***** We did this on a Sedan Deville not a comm. chs.

I have been wondering the same thing. I am in need of a whole from end for my 73, a friend has a 72 that she said I could use whatever I needed. I personally like the way the 73 front end looks better than the 72. I might be bias as that is what I am use to.

I have been wondering the same thing. I am in need of a whole from end for my 73, a friend has a 72 that she said I could use whatever I needed. I personally like the way the 73 front end looks better than the 72. I might be bias as that is what I am use to.

I have a '73 Superior on a Cadillac chassis that I'm having crushed next week if no one takes it.

I have a '73 Superior on a Cadillac chassis that I'm having crushed next week if no one takes it.

Jim, are you taking that carrier support for the beaing out? They are no longer availabe. How's the front bumper and impact strips on the one you're crushing? Can you take a picture and let me see if anything on it I might purchase from you.

Richard

the only difference would be the mount for the bumper. if you can figure that out your set. but of course the just because you can Why, comes to mind. but I'm partial to the 71-72 bodies. the three always looked to me like it got punched in the mouth and had a fat lip.

Front End

Why, comes to mind. but I'm partial to the 71-72 bodies. the three always looked to me like it got punched in the mouth and had a fat lip.

73 and 74 never cared for 75 -76 I like . That is the only reason for the switch. A friend has this for sale just do not like 73,s front end.

the 5 or 6 should be a direct swap on a 73. the big change was in the nose for the square lights. that caused them to alter the front of everything. I'm sure the bumper is the same 3-6. the only difference is the impact strips.

73 and 74 never cared for 75 -76 I like . That is the only reason for the switch. A friend has this for sale just do not like 73,s front end.

I'm the opposite don't like 75-76, don't like square headlights or the taillights from 74-76. If the 3-way had blue interior I would love it.

I'm the opposite don't like 75-76, don't like square headlights or the taillights from 74-76. If the 3-way had blue interior I would love it.

I agree with you on the 74-76 tail lights, I dont like them either, but I dont mind the fronts on any of those years, but 74 fronts are my least liked of those years.

Back