Lifeliner in for A/C work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok boys, I've $1200 set aside to get my A/C repaired and hope it stays within budget. In looking at the system, it looks like I could disconnect the lines to the rear units therefore not doing permanet damage to the system just in case ONE-DAY it goes back in service. Letting my A/C guy check that out for me.

Richard

I've got air!!!

How so very exciting to have A/C in the Lifeliner again. Even the rear units were dripping condensation but the fans are froze solid. The front unit works pretty good but had to jump the unit to get the compressor to kick in due to my controller not working as it should. I need to take the glove box out and manually close off the fresh air intake which is allowing air from the outside in affecting the cooling. It is still about 1/2 open. Compressor working good!
Nice to drive with the windows up here in the crematorium state of Florida!

Richard

not that difficult to get the rear fans working, or to replace them if they are defective. I have seen many times, when the fans are stuck, that by removing them, and putting some oil on the shafts they will loosen up. You need to drip some light weight oil, such as 3 in 1, or sewing machine oil on the shafts, and then hold the motor so the oil runs down into the bearing, and manually turn the fan till it runs smooth when hand turning. It the rear bearing needs oil, sometimes there is a oil hole, or a tiny oil hole can be drilled in the rear of the case to get a few drops of oil to that bearing. Post some pictures of the fan motor, and let us know if there is a manufacturers name and / or a part number on the fan. You might even take the fan motor to a NAPA or Carquest to see if they can match it up. You need the rear fans to blow across the coil otherwise, the rear units are going to freeze up, and they might be damaged as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back