Shipping the 1958 Miller Meteor from Idaho to PA

In the Sandy flood in New Jersey I saw a picture of new Yellow Crown Victoria Taxis in the flood ONLY UP TO THE FLOOR. They never showed up for sale at any insurance salvage sale. Boy would I have liked to have gotton a few of them sadly I am sure Ford crushed them. Trust me if those BMWs were wet BMW would not want them on the street so crush em. Truly a wonder there was not three more on top strapped down likewise.

Up to the floor flood on a vic no big deal but cars like Mercedes where all the computers are under the seats forget it. Those are a nightmare.

Very true both MB and BMW so bad the computers have computers. BMW mechanic told me upscale model can have (would you believe) over 100 computer modules in a single vehicle. I am going to keep running my Town Car and Crown Vics at least I can maintain them. As you pointed out wet on the floor no problem.

BMW

My brother in law had to replace his "digital" cigarette lighter in his 760Li....that was until he found out that the chip had to be replaced to the tune of $649.00 !:eek:

No thanks....:D

Ok looks like I am going with a place called :

AUTO RELOCATION SERVICES LLC
91 EAST 155 SOUTH
Malad, ID 83252
Trucks: 1 Drivers: 2
USDOT 2125388 MC 740563
 208-757-3088
 406-965-2208

They are right there in Idaho, lets hope I made a good choice.

you made a choice, that was not to buy a truck and trailer and go get it your self. now then sit back and relax as you don't know the people you have to trust in blind luck. there has only been on man I wondered about that has picked up or dropped off a car here. and my suspension proved true. but the good thing was it was not them.

you made a choice, that was not to buy a truck and trailer and go get it your self. now then sit back and relax as you don't know the people you have to trust in blind luck. there has only been on man I wondered about that has picked up or dropped off a car here. and my suspension proved true. but the good thing was it was not them.

I'll post back here once it's complete one way or another. In the mean time. Here are some pics of the loading.. special thanks to Art for taking these pictures for me

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/album.php?albumid=292

I wonder why they load such a heavy car on the very back of a empty trailer? it would seem to me it would cause fish tail going down the road, but maybe I'm just thinking like its on a car trailer? seems like it should be on the bottom , front part. I'm sure they know what they are doing:)

I wonder why they load such a heavy car on the very back of a empty trailer? it would seem to me it would cause fish tail going down the road, but maybe I'm just thinking like its on a car trailer? seems like it should be on the bottom , front part. I'm sure they know what they are doing:)

Those were my thoughts too, all the way including the "I'm sure they know what they are doing" part.

Let's hope so...

Those were my thoughts too, all the way including the "I'm sure they know what they are doing" part.

Let's hope so...

Note that all the cars are set in the upper decks lowest position for the car carrier. Once he starts to pick up additional cars, and has a full load, they will be put back on the carrier in the order that they are being dropped off. This is done so they have the least amount of work when each car has to be delivered. Usually the heavier cars go on the bottom, and the lighter ones on top. Each of the 3 car positions can be raised and lowered independently of each other. Some of the carriers that have multiple trucks, take a mixed destination load of cars to a central location, and then redistribute them to trucks that are headed in the direction that they ultimately need to go. The driver that picks it up mightnot be thedriver that delivers the car.

never ask why you can't get a straight answer . but the most obvious answer is the load they are picking up and the drop of points. he is getting this one now and 60 miles down the road getting another they want in front of this one. why run it all the way down the ramps just to run it all the way off. you risk damage ever time you do that. the final load will look a lot different when it arrives.

Those were my thoughts too, all the way including the "I'm sure they know what they are doing" part...
When I used to work for the Virginia DOT, I saw an interesting one. A 3-car slant trailer being pulled by a 1-ton+ pickup, professional company, not too unusual. He had two vehicles on the trailer, a high-top conversion van on the front (over the pickup) and a sedan on the back. I guess he thought he knew what he was doing. But the fact that the van had become a convertible showed he just didn't know about the 14' overpass on I-495 outside DC. :eek:

(That overpass also took off the flying-bridge of a $1M yacht. Ouch!)

Not to worry. Rich, I'm sure your guy knows what he's doing. After all, that bridge has since been replaced.

It made it safe, in one piece and super fast. It was here Sunday. Things have just been so hectic this week I haven't had a chance to post.

A big thanks to Danny Ryder for putting the shipping quote up for me and being extremely helpful to this first timer and finding the driver. The driver was really nice, professional, and fast.

I just had a driveway put in (which needs to cool/solidify), and ordered a custom car cover. When I ordered it, it said 1958 Cadillac Commercial Chassis Hearse 2 Door.... I hope its the right one... it seemed the most likely candidate. The 2 door part concernes me a bit, but we'll find out I guess. It will have to survive where it is in this picture for about a week yet... hopefully noone messes with it.

picture.php

Last edited:
Back