WANTED: Timing Chain Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in need of a Timing Chain cover for a 429 C.I. Engine block from a '67 Cadillac.

I have had very little luck locally finding any leads on anything....from Caddy Dealerships to Scrap/Junk Yards.....so I am hoping by posting this someone out there can lead me to one.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this, but due to a stubborn Fuel Pump Bolt Breaking off and then after drilling a hole for the extractor, it too broke off, I then attempted to drill small holes around the extractor in an effort to free it, but all it did was make things worse and less likely to fix, so now I'm looking to replace the entire cover. (Rather be safe then sorry type of thing)

Any Help anyone can offer me would greatly be appreciated!

Feel Free to contact me Via a PM through this site, or Drop me a Line Via E-Mail at rjrmotorsports@live.com
Thanks,
-Ryan

429 Caddy Motor parts

I will check my boneyard here , we have many old engines out of cars and If I have one I will let you know. If I have it or can get it is there any other parts you would like me to look for?:smileflag:

Ken, I thank you for your Reply, and willingness to help. Off hand for this Particular car, I don't Believe so, except for maybe a Better Upper Air Filter Housing as the one Have is pretty Pitted, but thats about it as far as the Engine and Systems related to it, Just mainly Exterior Trim and Interior Trim and some Elbow Grease is what it needs.
As I had the Carb Rebuilt, Purchased a Brand New Fuel Pump and Filter, along with adding a Seal Coat to the Gas Tank so I'm not running into this again.

However....
Would you by chance have much for a Mopar 318 Engine? (Oil Pan, Oil Dipstick Shaft/Tube, Exhaust Manifold...I'll have to do some checking on what else) As I'll be having the Engine Rebuilt and I know those will need to be replaced or Fixed right off hand.

Thanks again Kenn, I really Appreciate it!

Mopar oil pans differ depending on what body series the engine was mounted in. If you don't have the correct one, it will not fit. Not all parts are created equal...

There is a early 318 and the later 318 that most people think of when they say 318....

The 318 was the longest-lived poly A engine, produced from 1957 through 1966 when it was replaced by the LA 318. Plymouth was the only maker with this 318 for 1957 and 1958, but it was shared with the other Chrysler divisions after 1959. It was sized at 318 cu in (5.2 L) with the same 3.91” (99 mm) bore as the 301 but a longer 3.31” (84 mm) stroke.

A special 1957 dual-quad version used two four-barrel carburetors to produce 290 hp, making it the highest-output A engine. It was used in the 1957 Plymouth Fury 318.

The LA 318 was a 318 cu in (5.2 L) relative of the A 318. Like the A 318, it has a larger bore at 3.91 in (99 mm) as well as a stroke of 3.31 in (84 mm). It appeared shortly after the 273, in 1967, and proved tremendously successful. A version of this engine was available until 1991 when its was superseded by the Magnum version (See below). It used hydraulic lifters and a two barrel carburetor for most of its production, though four-barrel Carter Thermo-Quad and Rochester Quadrajet carburetors were used in police applications starting in 1978. The 318 received roller lifters and a fast-burn cylinder head in 1985. Throttle-body electronic fuel injection was factory equipment on the 1981-1983 Imperial, though the system proved unworkably troublesome and most cars were retrofitted under warranty with carburetors at great cost to Chrysler.[1][2]. From 1988-1991, another throttle-body fuel injection system was used used for truck and van applications.

Wow Daniel, I found that to be very Informative and thank you for sharing that.
My car is a 1959 Model, however I believe the Original Engine was removed long ago for what ever reason and replaced with a More Common Stock 318 with 2 - barrel carb.
I do plan on having the Engine Builder attempt to rebuild it back to its Original Specs for the Police Option, Pending Availability of some of those hard to find parts.

But were kinda getting off topic here I guess considering this started out as a Search for a Timing Chain cover for a 429 C.I. Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back