Modern hearses in Mexico

Nicely executed Chrysler PT Cruiser hearse (but still ugly).

4008200411_45ae95f443_z.jpg

Not so nicely executed PT Cruiser build.

4076729185_59ba4dc224_z.jpg

A modern Cadillac Crown Royale?

4544740083_46230f7665_z.jpg

(All photos from this photo blog - http://www.flickriver.com/photos/aacevedoa67/sets/72157612969400228/)

The draperies in the first PT Cruizer hearse look fake. The look like that sign wrap stuff their putting on vehicles now.

I had to look again at the drapes after your post, and they are real, the side panels are anyway so Im sure the top swag is too, I think its just pressed to the glass making it look like a decal.

Orphan Caddy

They are all interesting, but I have a barn of "Orphans" and "not common" limos and the Caddy would fit in with its other friends.

.. Just my thought. Thanks for posting them!

Another PT Cruiser hearse owned by Funeraria Poveda in Mérida, Mexico. Like the second one picture in this thread's original post, it has an awkward attempt to raise the roofline. But since it didn't continue into the rear door, it has an odd turtle-like look. I do however love the split landau bars. I had these on both of my AG Solar wagon conversions.

5538-carroza-funebre-pt-cruiser.jpg

5539-carroza-de-luto-pt-cruiser.jpg

DON'T give them any ideas,saw once where they made an dodge mini van into an ambulance,economical but not being able to use a stethescope because your knees where over your ears,,,,just wrong,

Not really a "modern" hearse, but I took this shot at Funeraria Estrella in Colima, MX half a dozen years ago. Looks like a conversion on a Ford or Merc. wagon.

Attachments

• Colima hearse001.jpg
    Colima hearse001.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 814
Take that PT and bolt on a street rod 37 Packard front end clip and flare out the rear fenders and quarters you might have a very nice looking coach. It at least doesn't make my stomach flip flop when looking at it, unlike like the new Lincoln:puking: does.

It at least doesn't make my stomach flip flop when looking at it, unlike like the new Lincoln:puking: does.[/QUOTE]

your right ....I would take the P.T. Cruiser unit over a new Lincoln any day !!!:myopinion:

Back