Speaking of Road Trips!

Just spoke to Danny, and he has picked up the car. He said that it is much nicer than expected, and is very pleased with the purchase. He is headed back to Sturbridge for the evening, where we will be meeting up with him for dinner. Pictures to follow.

Pictures...... Driving Miss Daisey..

Attachments

• MVC-001L.JPG
    MVC-001L.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 234
  • MVC-002L.JPG
    MVC-002L.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 226
  • MVC-003L.JPG
    MVC-003L.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 218
  • MVC-004L.JPG
    MVC-004L.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 230
  • MVC-005L.jpg
    MVC-005L.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 228
  • MVC-006L.JPG
    MVC-006L.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 227
more.....................

Attachments

• MVC-007L.JPG
    MVC-007L.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 237
  • MVC-008L.JPG
    MVC-008L.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 227
  • MVC-012L.JPG
    MVC-012L.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 230
That is one beautiful Buick. :thumbsup:

I hope Miss Daisy made it to the Piggly Wiggly...

Thanks for posting pictures Paul. Just stopped for the night on 81 south near PA and MD boarder. Rough drive getting from Paul's down to 78. Traffic, construction, crappy roads, etc. Guess you guys get used to it but us southerners like smooth roads. About 700 miles to go so doubt I get home till Saturday but no hurry, boss won't fire me till I get the limo back at least. Thanks for the company Paul, Sandy, Dan.

.......... Rough drive getting from Paul's down to 78. Traffic, construction, crappy roads, etc. Guess you guys get used to it but us southerners like smooth roads. About 700 miles to go so doubt I get home till Saturday but no hurry, boss won't fire me till I get the limo back at least. Thanks for the company Paul, Sandy, Dan.

Good thing that we got the trunk lid locked. Just remember your lucky number is "29".......

now in all honesty you have to admit that buick is not a large car. how did they get so much room inside it?

Right Ed, first thing I noticed was it didn't hang off the back of the truck like the hearse I hauled up. The commercial chassis caddy's always hang off couple feet but this guy fit perfect on the 21ft bed but is hugh inside and even the truck is decent size.

Landed in Morristown, Tn for the night. About 450 miles today and about 300 tomorrow I be home. Looks like whether I want to or not will be going out again next week. We had sold the 91 caddy MM side loader to a funeral home in Thunder Bay, Canada north of MN. and in deal we priced it delivered which we don't often do and because of remote location to border no shipper will touch it even for good money so guess where I will have to go. Then while I was gone on this trip boss bought a small wheel chair bus in Rochester NY and they are not cheap to ship so taking someone along with me on trip and go back by NY so bus can be driven back and I will probably swing through Pittsburgh and get a 02 Saturn we bought. Gee whiz, by the time I do all that and stop and see half the PCS members I will be gone for two weeks!

just don't let those back east northlanders trap you. they find you got a rig and next they will get you to move this over here and that over there, be feeding you and forcing you to drink beer and all that. a man may never get out of there.

GOt back this afternoon after brief delay again. Started out ok and drove awhile and stopped at rest stop and left truck running and heard tinkle noise from under hood that was different so popped hood and looked around and noticed smog pump had locked down and belt was sliding over it. Guess not alot of tention on it cause belt not smoking but I saw alittle belt residue had slung on some other vital parts. Now wondering how long it would run like that I was about 150 miles from home so off I went. Got within 40 miles of home and decided to stop and ck belt again and wee wee and get some lunch so shut truck off for about 10 minutes and wouldn't start back. Gets alittle weird sometimes when it is hot and you try to restart it, don't know why, but it had never failed to start until today. Sit and let it cool and tried every few minutes and after about hour and a half started with help of starting fluid. I made it home with belt in tack as I was not stopping again. Charged battery on 41 buick and messed with it for few hours and finally awhile ago got it started and it ran pretty good so tomorrow will unload and see if she drives. goobers at auction had left interior light on and killed battery.

I'm willing to bet yo if you put good gas in that Buick it will get around mid 20 on the hy. all that room that kind of mileage and they tell me we are improving cars?

Read they were good on gas. Has dual two barrel carbs and understand they run on one unless you nail it then other kicks in. IT is really like been in a time capsule. Still has the factory leather things in back arm rest, one side has mirror and one on other side has tiny pencil and paper pad. This stuff if in great shape but just it being there is wild after 71 years?

Back