Hess & Eisenhardt 6 Door Cadillac Limo

I need info on my 1988 limo. Anything from HESS & EISEN... e.g.> brochures- dealer data-manuals-production-anything related to 1988 cadillac brougham ? This limo has a full vinyl roof with moon roof in rear. Triple blue...with wire wheel covers. Has NO bar or TV .Only jump seats.

mine is a 86 Deville. but I don't think I have ever seen a full size car with the jump seats in the center. your center doors on the solenoid openers?

From what you have described, I believe that the vehicle is a Hess & Eisenhardt "Formal Limousine" with a 161" wheelbase. I have a flyer the company produced on this car and have scanned and attaced the specs from the back of this piece for you below. The front of this particular piece of literature shows a side view of the car as well as a small interior picture showing the jump seats. If need be I can scan and send this to you as well. I hope that you find this of some use.

FORMAL LIMOUSINE
Standard Equipment
Four door appearance with six door convenience:
Center doors have exterior handles removed and panels finished off, but doors open from inside con¬ventionally and from outside with electrical button. center door windows drop electrically
Forward facing folding jump seats that seat three people Gooseneck reading lamp in center of rear package tray AM/FM/stereo/cassette mounted in right rear door armrest Rear seat assist straps
Hess & Eisenhardt formal roof with limousine rear window.
blocked out quarter windows, crown molding and padded vinyl top (Hess & Eisenhardt ribbed grain or elk grain)
Fleetwood molding package (belt and rocker moldingsl
Opera lamps on #2 pillar
Double accent pin stripes (choice of colorsl
Heavy duty ride package (high rate coil springs front and rear. heavy duty shock absorbers. heavy duty sway bar, electronic level contrail
Heavy duty brake pads
Heavy duty wheels (11-15x6l
HR78x 15 Load range "0" steel belt radial white wall tires
100 Amp generator
Rear air conditioner and heating unit
Power operated #2 door glass
Power operated #2 door locks
Full trim Pad #2 (arm rest. ash tray, pull handle, courtesy light)
Full cloth headliner
Full size spare tire
Heavy duty sill jack
Hess & Eisenhardt hood ornament
Optional Equipment
Powered privacy partition Intercom
Rear sun-roof
Tinted privacy glass - four doors plus partition and rear window Dual batteries
Thermostatic radiator fan

Keith Snyder: Thank you so much for the info provided. It is exactly what I need. The auto was in service by Kloc Memorial Chapel for many years in a Buffalo suburb. If you have the time to scan the pics - they would be more than appreciated. H & E did not put their crest on the hood. It has a Cadillac crest. FRANK KALENDA

Last edited:
for information on the company check here http://www.coachbuilt.com/

on can put a pictures in a album for all to see does the interior look anything like this?

as far as I know H&E keep there limo line separate from the S&S line. so if it's a H&E limo it will have the caddy hood emblem. the only S&S limos were produced by Accubuilt not Hess and Eisenhart. Earnhardt got in there on the end to if I remember right .

blew the pictures again forgot to up load them here they are.

Attachments

• IMG_4051.jpg
    IMG_4051.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_3974 H&E emblem 86 limo.jpg
    IMG_3974 H&E emblem 86 limo.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 671
The interior depicted in the "brochure" looks something like that. H&E built these six-door limousines after having sold their professional car operations to Earnhardt. George Strike retained the custom, armoring, limousine and convertible business and the company built a range of limousnes - both six-door and stretched "rock star" types on both Cadillac and Lincoln RWD chassis for a few years. It may be of interest to some to know that these cars were not built in Cincinnati but in some metal, quonset hut-like facilities in Wapakoneta, Ohio. There they employed about 60-70 people to build these cars. H&E also established a production facility in the Detroit area where they produced the FWD Cadillac Series 75 sedans and limos as well as the extended wheelbase FWD Cadillac "Sixty Special" for a few years.

Hess & Eisenhardt Limo

Thanks again. The jump seats are not ribbed fabric but Leather and are directly behind the partition.(Front Facing) The crest is on the sail panel (each side) and a small oval is on each front fender with Hess and Eisenhardt spelled out. I will check the website recommended. Best Regards! FRANK K.

Back