From now till January 1st 2017

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
From now till January 1st 2017 all registered users will be able to have their pictures hosted on the website along with their posts and threads. To post your pictures, write your reply to a thread, or when starting a new post. Then continue to scroll down the page, until you see the bar that says "Manage Attachments". Click on Manage Attachments, and then when the next window opens, you may upload a picture from your computer by clicking on "Browse".. This will bring you to a page on your computer and you will just have to locate the picture on your computer, and then click "open" when you find the picture. The next thing to do is add additional pictures, and when you are finished loading pictures, you then click on the icon that says "Upload". The system will automatically resize the pictures to the appropriate size for the website page, unless you picture is an extremely large sized, which our system cannot handle. This rarely happens. After the system has finished uploading your pictures, you will see the files on the upload page. The final thing to do is to click on "submit reply".

Will those users who opt to upload photos have the option of having those photos public or private?

I assume that you are referring to the photo album. Nothing has changed with the photo albums, and all registered users can have a photo album. We requested over a year ago that all photo album pictures be made public, otherwise, there is no reason to have a photo album. Photo albums that were created as private, can only be seen by people who you "friend" on the website. This is the reasoning behind making all photo albums public.

I think there are as many "private" albums on this site as there are "public". I don't think private albums should be allowed................. but it's not my decision to make.

Registered users were advised over a year ago that private albums not made public will be deleted. I asked that I be notified of private albums, and I would delete them, but no one ever reported even one to me. There is no reason for us to maintain albums if they are private.

Registered users were advised over a year ago that private albums not made public will be deleted. I asked that I be notified of private albums, and I would delete them, but no one ever reported even one to me. There is no reason for us to maintain albums if they are private.

That is not true and you know it! I wasted my time putting together a complete list and submitted it to you!

To quote Paul fom 2 years ago:

"I can't change them from private to public, I can't delete them, I can't do anything with them at all, except to turn the entire system off. I can limit access to a member to post new pictures by changing their individual permissions, however, I can't do anything with the pictures already posted. I have spent hours going over the settings, and there is nothing in the settings that gives administrators any control over these pictures, except what I have just mentioned. I have searched vBulletin forums for any thing that might help, but there is nothing. The only thing that I could do would be to change the password of the account, go in as if I were that person, and then modify the album on. I am not going to do this, under any circumstance.
Deleting private albums would be the only thing that I would do, if I could, since the person who posted the pictures made them private, and I would have no right to make them public!"

If you get a message that a "token" is missing, that sometimes means that the picture is too large for the website to resize. You will need to make the picture smaller on your computer first by reducing the number of bytes. A good free program to do this is Pixresizer Free. I have been using this program for many years without any problems, and great success of shrinking oversized pictures.

Disclaimer... MUST READ!!!

If you are not computer literate, then have a friend that is, help you download the program. Once downloaded, it is very simple to use. Also, please be advised that we are not responsible for any problems or issues that this program might cause you to experience on your computer. The link to this particular program is provided as a courtesy, and we make no representation of suitability for your particular computer and or its uses. There are many other programs, both free and paid for available. It is up to you, the user to determine if this or any other computer program is suitable for your particular needs.

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Scroll down the page till you see the version that you need. Please be advised that you will need a degree of computer literacy to know how to do this.

Download current version (2.0.8) or

Download an older version compatible with Windows 95

That is not true and you know it! I wasted my time putting together a complete list and submitted it to you!

I am not disputing what you say, however, I don't have any recollection of getting a "list" of private albums. I did have one album reported to me this past week, and I contacted the member to ask him to make it public. Some of the people that created albums haven't been back to the forums in many years.

To quote Paul fom 2 years ago:

"I can't change them from private to public, I can't delete them, I can't do anything with them at all, except to turn the entire system off. I can limit access to a member to post new pictures by changing their individual permissions, however, I can't do anything with the pictures already posted. I have spent hours going over the settings, and there is nothing in the settings that gives administrators any control over these pictures, except what I have just mentioned. I have searched vBulletin forums for any thing that might help, but there is nothing. The only thing that I could do would be to change the password of the account, go in as if I were that person, and then modify the album on. I am not going to do this, under any circumstance.
Deleting private albums would be the only thing that I would do, if I could, since the person who posted the pictures made them private, and I would have no right to make them public!"

I have tried to delete the private albums, and the software will not allow me to do so. The only other alternative is to turn off the album software completely, which is something that I would prefer not to do.

Back