Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > 2013 PCS International Meet - Milwaukee Wisconsin

2013 PCS International Meet - Milwaukee Wisconsin For postings directly related to the 2013 International Meet. All others will be deleted.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:22 AM
PCS Life Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Douglas View Post
Wow thats a decent turn out for a national meet, are they all PCS cars?

What are the average number of cars each year that attend as I have never been to a national meet. I wonder if the economy has hurt the number of attendees turn out over the past 2-3 years?
I'm not sure of a average and it depends on who is doing the counting. I counted 115 cars at the meet in Fort Wayne in 1995. When the list came out in the Professional Car it had only 99 listed. My two cars were not included in the 99. They were on the showfield all weekend. With everything going on and cars coming and going sometimes vehicles are not counted.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:57 AM
PCS Member

Groans: 0
Default Long distance

Rick,
At some nationals they did award a FURTHEST TRAVELLED award. I did receive it one time and Jon Power has on a few occasions. There is no consistency between nationals. I think when we attended the Albany national with the Rowe family (also members from Australia ) and the Powers were there as well, the criteria seemed to get changed mid national. I think Bill won it that year as well ( I could be wrong).
It's no biggy but it is nice to be acknowledged.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:41 AM
PCS Illini Chapter President

Thanked 1,684 Times in 450 Posts
Groans: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Lemon View Post
Rick,
At some nationals they did award a FURTHEST TRAVELLED award. I did receive it one time and Jon Power has on a few occasions. There is no consistency between nationals. I think when we attended the Albany national with the Rowe family (also members from Australia ) and the Powers were there as well, the criteria seemed to get changed mid national. I think Bill won it that year as well ( I could be wrong).
It's no biggy but it is nice to be acknowledged.
I agree that each meet host seems to set his own criteria for who wins this award. I'm of the opinion that the award should go to the person who actually drove their collector car the farthest, which is what I did at my meet. Stepping on public transportation is not the same as driving your car cross country, nor does putting your car on a trailer and riding in the modern comforts of a tow vehicle compare to taking the risk of driving an antique long distances.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:11 AM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,348 Times in 6,059 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

the longest distance driven award has been for me one of the most expensive awards I have ever brought. the farthest traveled award is to honer those people that took the effort time and money to fly, ride or pack mule just to get there to share with other members. what makes each meet different is that the host club gets to do those awards or not. now me I'm hoping we don't do away with best of show award. that one could be provided by the locale club with locale flair also as a tribute to the best car at that meet. to me one of the greatest honers was to have received the longest distance driven and best of show at the same meet. as Patrick's list of thank you's grew he can tell you the amount and type of trophies given out at the meet depends on the number of sponsors for the trophies.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Website Member

Thanked 7,105 Times in 2,339 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 13 Times in 5 Posts

I agree the number of cars in attendance seems to be based on locale. My first event in Flint, MI had about 75 cars, Albany about the same, Hudson hit the mark at or over 120, and last year in Daytona a dismal 38 cars. I know the distance to Daytona certainly curbed members driving that far.

I think Patrick's turnout was outstanding and talked with several members who attended and have raved about his event.

Great event and great job Patrick.
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Vyse For This Useful Post:
Patrick J. Martin (08-30-2013)