2013 Flint Micro-Meet Lego Diorama Photos

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
Digger and I worked on this 100% Lego diorama for the 2013 Flint Micro-Meet.

Look for a complete story on this project in a upcoming Superior Times Michigan Chapter newsletter.

For now enjoy these photos !

Enjoy,
Darren

Attachments

• lego 1.jpg
    lego 1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,141
  • lego 6 pr.jpg
    lego 6 pr.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,126
  • lego 9 vr.jpg
    lego 9 vr.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,200
  • lego 11fc.jpg
    lego 11fc.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,149
  • lego 7 sr.jpg
    lego 7 sr.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,185
  • lego 14 all rooms.jpg
    lego 14 all rooms.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,173
More photos !

Enjoy,
Darren

Attachments

• lego 2 vr.jpg
    lego 2 vr.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,145
  • lego 3 fc.jpg
    lego 3 fc.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,106
  • lego 4 sr.jpg
    lego 4 sr.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 3,457
  • lego 5 pr.jpg
    lego 5 pr.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,107
  • lego 13 pb.jpg
    lego 13 pb.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,058
  • lego 8 ar.jpg
    lego 8 ar.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,105
and more photos !

The joke email from Tom McPherson is what made me create this funeral Home Lego Set.

Enjoy,
Darren

Attachments

• lego 12 fccs.jpg
    lego 12 fccs.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 4,001
  • lego 15 pret.jpg
    lego 15 pret.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,904
  • lego 16 prhm.jpg
    lego 16 prhm.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,019
  • lego 17 prep.jpg
    lego 17 prep.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 973
  • lego 10 vrc.jpg
    lego 10 vrc.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 942
  • Lego-Funeral-Directors.jpg
    Lego-Funeral-Directors.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,341
I have to say that this was the most creative thing I have ever seen. It was great!!!!!

I was hoping my diorama might win the "best diorama" award, but Darren's Lego display blew it away!

I heard that someone asked where they could buy the Lego sets...

That was me Steve, duh !!!,should have known better Digger and Darren blew us away with this one,very interesting,and very well done,Steve yours was great and well done a pleasure to view,as were all,Thanks,thanks :applause::applause:

And to think that Darren's Lego scenes were impressive without a few more critical pieces that arrived at his house simultaneously as he arrived in Flint. :thumbsup:

it was a hit and the neat part was every time you went back past it you saw something different. here is my favorite part .

Attachments

• IMG_9739a.jpg
    IMG_9739a.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 315
Here it is !!!

I have to put out a HUGE THANK YOU to my very good friend for over 20 years in Ottawa Canada, Jason Allemann !

We first met at the Waterloo University Juggling Festival when he was a engineering student. I was there selling juggling equipment and we became friends over the years as he and his brother Roman continued to buy unicycles from me and they both became outstanding unicyclists who represented me on the Bedford Unicycles Factory Team. You rarely come across brothers and people who are as nice as these guys.

Jason is also a HUGE LEGO FAN and diehard ! Having about a 1/4 million Lego brick in his personal collection.

He made the Bedford Unicycles Logo for me out of Lego many years ago and it took 1811 pieces to complete it. It is about 3' long and always on display in my shop. I will treasure it always.

I must say that when I got stuck and even Lego them self couldn't help me with special bricks I needed, as I did get hundreds of Lego bricks out of Poland by special order, Jason came through for me BIG TIME... TWICE !!!

I called him up and told him what I was doing and sent him a long list of parts I need, qty of them, color of them, what the people needed to be wearing, etc, etc and the next day they were in my mailbox waiting to be assembled !!!

It took him quite a while to find them and he came through with flying colors !!!

After I had all my bricks and pieces in place... I was still missing a few more odd ones I needed. Well, back on the phone to Jason and another package was shipped to me.

There was a Canadian holiday on Monday that messed up the shipping and it didn't arrive Wednesday like I hoped. Thursday morning we had to leave as Digger was scheduled to pick up vault supplies before 2pm in MI Thursday afternoon.

I typed in the tracking number and there it was "out for delivery" !
I couldn't wait and off we went. I arrived in Flint at about 2pm and the package of Lego arrived at my place in Toronto about 2pm. Dang !

It never mattered as I stopped at couple Toys R Us and a Target and found a few mini figures that I was able to use in the prep room and the bagpiper for the chapel.

Jason had assembled 3 all yellow mini figures for me for the prep room but they never arrived in time. Yellow, as mini figures have yellow faces and hands so all yellow make them look naked and would be great for the embalming tables. I have them now and all is well !

A huge thank you to my longtime friend Jason for sending me about 700-800 of the pieces I needed to make the diorama the think of beauty it turned out to be. Thanks Bro !

Darren

P.S. After the long drive from Toronto to Port Huron without my last Lego order... a stop at Jimmy Johns for a #4 Turkey Tom, some JJ salt and vinegar chips and a drink... I was a happy guy waiting to see all my PCS friends for the first time in 2013 !

Attachments

• Missing Lego Order.jpg
    Missing Lego Order.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 275
  • JJ in Port Huron.jpg
    JJ in Port Huron.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 279
  • Bedford Unicycles Lego Logo.jpg
    Bedford Unicycles Lego Logo.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 276
Darren,
Great job! The embalming room reminds my wife and I of the one in the movie "The Loved One". When I started looking through this three and saw your handy work I chuckled out loud! So creative. Thank you for sharing this with us who were not in attendance.
Kurt

It was my wife......

It was Janet who yelled, "where do I get that. Brady needs that for his birthday!"

That has to be one of the most inventive and fun set ups i have seen in a long time.. The box's you printed out were an incredible touch.. Killer work for sure.

THANKS to everyone for the fantastic comments on my Lego diorama.

I have gotten a bunch of emails asking where I got the sets.

Well, I made them up using regular Lego bricks and parts. Everything is 100% Lego parts just assembled into what is shown.

I created it all and they are NOT an actual set you can just go buy.

I took photos of the rooms and Digger uploaded them into the computer and added the text. She printed them off and we took them with us to Flint.

Friday evening I bought some tape and stuff at Meijer's and started taping the paper together and cutting them to fit some cardboard boxes I bought.
It was a lot of work and took me until 2:40am Saturday to wrap all 4 boxes.

I got about 5.5 hours of sleep than off to Brady's I went with the finished display boxes and diorama Saturday morning.

Since it was a crowd pleaser, I have started part two of the Lego diorama and will post photos when I complete it.

I think it will take a month or so to find the parts, order them and have them shipped to me. I know I have to get some pieces direct from Lego and the parts are shipped from a place in Poland with a minimum 3 week shipping time frame.

Stay tuned and I will have the whole diorama on display in WI for those who could not be at the micro-meet.

Thanks again for the great comments,
Darren

Back