What color should this car be repainted

• Stay with a red and white as it looks now

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Go back to the original Fort Wright colors as ordered in 1973 from S&S

Votes: 36 58.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bill wrote:

Darren...Toronto (and most of Ontario) used white and orange as the standard for many years.

Have a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76277389@N00/2263578328/

Bill - I vividly remember those ambulances ! It is pictured about 10 minutes from my house there on Runnymede !

I call that a WHITE VAN with a orange strip and blue letters.

Whatever colour the strip would have been I would have still called it a white van.

By the way, I still think the police cars should be YELLOW ! I dislike the WHITE POLICE CARS too !

:myopinion:

Darren

Attachments

• toronto police.jpg
    toronto police.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 217
  • toronto Police Car.jpg
    toronto Police Car.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 226
  • toronto police & 54 Packard.jpg
    toronto police & 54 Packard.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 221
I like the orange and white. Red and white is for fire trucks. What ever color you choose, I think it would be impressive to find a pair of polyester pants like the man in the photo was wearing when the car was picked up from the factory! If you dressed that that, no one would notice the color of the car.

:4_11_9:

I also love red and white ambulances. That being said I own 11 high top ambulances 7 of the cars are various combinations of red and white. I would like to have more variety. I also look at the factory pictures and am aware of all the previous owners. I feel that this car is a very well documented and probably rate high on list of well documented ambulances within the PCS and as long as I am going though the steps to redo the car I am thinking I should go back to stock. For now I will work on the body. I do think the black interior looks nice, but I may go back to orange. I will give it more thought before I do anything, I am just thinking out loud and really appreciate the input.

I'm a fan of getting cars back to how they looked the day they were born, so I voted above accordingly. But, do what makes you happiest.

My real comment for this post is actually this -
Would you consider any other color combinations? Maybe the livery colors of some department you've always liked, or just colors you think would have been a good look for the time?

Just asking because while it's not everyone's taste, I'm a big fan of the black and gold Superior hightops we've seen here before. Not that this would be a good look on your car, but it made me think about it...

Bruce, you have a real dilema to work out. When you think about it, red & white always look great. Although I do not like Omaha Orange, the pictures of your ambulance in it's original colors, really look great. And I tend to favor original colors, no matter what they are. But, if you go back to the original color scheme, you should do the interior too. Like I said, it is a real dilema. The good news is that no matter what you decide to do, you will be right and you will love it.

Nothing beats original and correct.

You said it yourself. The car is way too well documented to change the color from its original Omaha Orange / Cotillion White combination.

Bruce,
It really depends on what your plans are for the car. If you are going to keep it forever, do what makes YOU happy and take it back to original. If you are still thinking of selling it, you would be crazy to go to the expense of changing the interior and exterior back back to Omaha Orange. You would never be able to recoup your investment.

Bill wrote:

Darren...Toronto (and most of Ontario) used white and orange as the standard for many years.

Have a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76277389@N00/2263578328/

Bill - I vividly remember those ambulances ! It is pictured about 10 minutes from my house there on Runnymede !

I call that a WHITE VAN with a orange strip and blue letters.

Whatever colour the strip would have been I would have still called it a white van.

By the way, I still think the police cars should be YELLOW ! I dislike the WHITE POLICE CARS too !

:myopinion:

Darren
Hmmm, yellow police cars, I have never seen a yellow police car until now. There is a first time for everything.

Josh

Bruce, it is your car so you paint it what you like.

But, since you did ask for opinions :eek: , if it were me, I would take it back to it's original colors. You have so much documentation of the orange and white as built that it would be great to go back to that. It's very era-appropriate (like the polyester pants). The silver fleck paint on the tunnels, too.

I have a lot of red and white ambulances. Now, I love red and white ambulances. But in that crowd, my blue Studebaker really does stand out. You'd find the MMI will stand out in it's orange color, too!

will now if it was me and my son suprised me by painting one of fmy cars. I have to say I would re do it back to the origional colors just as soon as I wore the red and white off. spend the money on one of the others and maybe by te time you get back around to the S&S it will need it again. then you can decide. but for now enjoy it in it's new dress

Back