Own/have access to a '94-'96 commercial glass car?

Researching at moment. Seems this windshield is an additional 1" taller and a different manufacturer than other commercial windshields. Please check your corner glass markings and take a center measurement of exposed glass from rubber to rubber. Thanks in advance.;)

dsc09020a.jpg

dsc09021z.jpg

I know you are looking for measurments, but what is the coachbuilder and chassis make? S&S Buicks appear different than S&S Cadillac (Victoria & Masterpiece). Superior Cadillac Sovereign in this era also used commercial glass, but is also appeares different than the S&S Cadillacs.
I have no numbers to confirm this, but by close visual inspection they appear to be different.

Cadillac John. Story behind what coach builder has morphed into an unexpected turn, one that I now have the answer too, but would like more data before revealing.

Cadillac John. Story behind what coach builder has morphed into an unexpected turn, one that I now have the answer too, but would like more data before revealing.

What kind of data are you looking for? I may be able to help, you can PM or email me if you dont want to post it here until you have the info you are looking for.

Here are pics I shot today of the windsheild markings on the funeral homes 1993 Superior Crown Sovergin and on Elmo the 1994 S&S Cadillac Victoria limo we have. The first photo is on the FH's hearse and the second is of Elmo's data. Elmo's windsheild was replaced with a new one bought from Accubuilt just after it was bought in bout 2008. Looks like to me they are both the same if you go by the AS-1 GG-M55 number.

Attachments

• tech pics mar 12.jpg
    tech pics mar 12.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 289
  • tech pics mar 12 001.jpg
    tech pics mar 12 001.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 292
so what does the tag say? other then not all Guardian glass is made in the USA. (GM subsidiary)

the numbers are the apically law that the glass is covered by and meets the specks of and the date of manufacture. not one of them is the manufactures or the NAGS number for this glass. every glass meeting the same specks will have the same set of numbers on them. the only one of intrest is the date of manufacture. one of these glasses was made in 95 one in 92 and the other in 02

Both peices of glass, the one I posted from our FH's 93 and the one Atti posted both have the 940980 number. The hearse glass has 93 on it so we know it hasn't been changed and Atti's has 95. The limo has a 767815 number and has 02 on it and as we know it has been replaced. The Superior's windsheild is raked back further than the S&S limo as well.

Here are pics I shot today of the windsheild markings on the funeral homes 1993 Superior Crown Sovergin and on Elmo the 1994 S&S Cadillac Victoria limo we have. The first photo is on the FH's hearse and the second is of Elmo's data. Elmo's windsheild was replaced with a new one bought from Accubuilt just after it was bought in bout 2008. Looks like to me they are both the same if you go by the AS-1 GG-M55 number.

My bad on my previous post. I thought for sure the Superior and S&S glass were different, although I was going by visual inspection by photos. It must be the rake of the A pillars and Chrome surround on the S&S that gives it a much different appearance.

My bad on my previous post. I thought for sure the Superior and S&S glass were different, although I was going by visual inspection by photos. It must be the rake of the A pillars and Chrome surround on the S&S that gives it a much different appearance.

I'll bring the limo to work in the next day or two and make a side by side comparison shot to show the difference.

Jeremy can you take center height measurement? No rush. Appreciated.

Will do in both of them!

Yesterday, I called a former PCS member Al Smith at Pilkington glass and explained the situation. He informed me that the glass made by Guardian is a proprietary item of Accubuilt. I then called PCS Member Joe Bunn that explained that when Accubuilt took over Eureka in late 1999, that they completed some cars that were in progress, and then started the 2000 year production, so Accubuilt had no background information on this glass. Then I contacted Al again, and gave him the information that I had learned so far. He gave all the windshield numbers his contacts at Guardian Glass for further investigation. Later in the day he called me back to say that it is a proprietary windshield of the old Eureka company, and that there are a few left in the Findley Ohio facility. The windshield can be purchased directly from Guardian for $575, plus $150 shipping. You will need to supply them with the information in the corner of the glass for identification. Contact number for Guardian is 1-800-331-8401.

Happened to drive by a '95 S&S 6-door limo today. No tape measure on me though. For comparison since we're on subject~

dsc09046e.jpg

dsc09045m.jpg

dsc09048b.jpg

Initial inquiry reason (although a quality macro lens makes a small percussion break appear huge):

dsc09052y.jpg

Great pic, you really can see the difference between the standard and commercial windshields, especally the tumble home (taper from hood to roof)
Too bad you couldnt measure it, Im curious as to the height difference between standard and commercial glass in this era. Here is a pic of the commercial glass S&S 6 door.

Attachments

• Bells Block Party 14.jpg
    Bells Block Party 14.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Back